For those wanting this gem, whos og is limping?

ghostrunner

Reaction score
Running stock og with go launcher and ics theme and I quit having most problems with my og.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pilot25

Reaction score
How is it irrelevant if Verizon is to blame? Google's not going to throw away all the work they've done for the LTE Nexus, it would be a ridiculous business move, no one even knows this phones coming out but us, so to Google they could care less until the average consumer is made aware of it's existence. The phone released in the UK, so it's Verizon causing the problem and Google isn't even going to bother with one carrier making a flub, they'll just let it ride.

Exactly why Apple has a following and Google doesn't.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Kind of ironic though, isn't it, that Apple released the iPhone on multiple carriers, along with (now or soon to be) an unlocked version of the iPhone, but Google went with carrier exclusivity (at least in the US)? Sort of opposite of being open in my opinion. Don't take that as me saying Google is closed and Apple is open, as I am just saying in this one little aspect it seems a bit backwards to me.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly why Apple has a following and Google doesn't.

Apple has a following because they force feed people and the masses are morons so they eat it. How does Google not have a following? Their operating system is the most used OS on all of hand held devices, I'd call that a "following".

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
For all of you wanting your old Droid back, just follow this guide, it worked for me. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...-etc-think-your-og-droid-hw-failing-read.html

Running GPA17 2.3.7 with 0 redraws, 0 lag, Launcher Pro makes it super snappy, should last me until the GNex.

Same here except for the launcher pro and a power button that is acting up, otherwise once I get my next phone razr or sgn .. I will reflash to OG back to stock and my wife is planning on using it in airplane mode with wifi. (dedicated angry birds, mp3 player , and jog tracker for working out around the neighborhood.) If I could get it to cache more on wifi she would use it for gps but I think that may be pushing it a bit unless I could find a decent gps program that would have offline maps.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Personally, I can see everyone's point. But this thread is about those wanting this gem, whos og is limping?

Let's stay on topic.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Honestly, not limping in the least. Runs pretty smoothly still no lag unless heavy multitasking (which i tend to do sometimes). Running MIUI w/ Launcher Pro.

I just want a 4G dual-core phone that is as easily hackable... just too antiquated. But it does everything I need it to pretty efficiently.

I'm seriously considering a RAZR at this point though... I just WANT something new.

empoweredh22

Reaction score
Wow there's a lot of deathly ill og's. I accidentally tossed mine out the window of a moving car a few months back. I was frustrated cuz of some of these very issues. In that instance friggin Navigation wouldn't open up and tell me where the hell to drive and it kept asking me to wait or FC and I hit wait like 4 times and then it reset itself and I threw it down (and accidentally out the window) in agony. Still works since then, a testament to Moto's build quality, but it seemed to have gotten even slower since then. I tended to blame my issues on the fall onto hard pavement but it's interesting to see it really is more so just age. Unless all of you have had your og's take a digger. (How have you managed to break the buttons btw those of you that have said that lol) SMS takes on the order of ten seconds, same with dialer. Browser is basically unusable. Only the bare essential ten or so apps, otherwise I get a full disk error all the time even with a fresh install. Barely hobbling along on GB Miui, CM7 is definitely a no-go and CM6 was really no more stable than Miui so I haven't bothered going back. Dreadful time for these poor old og's. I love the thing and I don't want to get rid of it when I get my G-Nex but I really don't know what usefulness it will ever serve lol.

mjones73

Reaction score
Mine is doing ok with DC12. Gingerbread was too much for it, just not enough ram. I do agree with the other comments that apps have gotten more resource intensive over time. Google Maps is one of them, it heats my phone up pretty good when I use it.

As already posted in this thread, those with issues regardless of rom changes should give a fresh sbf a shot...

anewday

Reaction score
og, is hurt. answer incomming, got the person, howerver the vibrate and ring tone keeps on going, trying to talk is futile. open dialer, rite 30 seconds later...sms slow to open but works. i dont want to rent a phone. bought the wife dinc2 if htc released unlock bootloader i would jump. seriously bloated, you could not believe. but custom rom on it would be sweet. im tired of speculation like all, but i will wait, and get pissed everytime i dial this og...and wait for this gnex.. thax for listening to my frustration.
Sounds a lot like mine and my bro's, had them for 21 months now. Can't wait for the GN. :mad:

doublea500

Reaction score
i did the reroot method and my og is back running like new!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm limping horribly, that's why I jumped on a Fascinate from eBay to hold me over. Should be arriving today or tomorrow. Sounds like ICS roms are coming along nicely for the Fascinate so I may be able to hold out for a while until the Gnex price drops as well...

natezire71

Reaction score
I cracked.

After running Simply Stunning for a while, I decided the OG just didn't have the hardware to keep up with what I need it to do. It's slow. I needed something with more RAM, as we all do.
So, I bought a used Droid Incredible for $100. Looks brand new. Rooted it, and installed Condemned CM7.1 V8 on it. Gotta say, this thing is way faster than my OG. I'm not up for an upgrade until April, so this is my temporary replacement. No way in heck am I buying the Galaxy Nexus for full retail price.