For all you GAMERS - "Verizon Galaxy Nexus Multi-Touc​h Issue"

rjcapp

Reaction score
[video=youtube;KsYoxZiBTEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsYoxZiBTEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

This video exposes a touch screen issue. I am not a gamer, if you are you probably already experienced this. Apologies in advance if you already know this!

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Definitely. Cycle power and it appears to correct the issue.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a troll. Pointing out a problem he's noticed. Don't go accusing people of trolling for no reason.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. It's only in games. It'll be fixed soon enough.

zathus

Reaction score
mine does this too =( except its not after gaming, its full time. I used 2 apps off the market and the one in dev tools. My new one should be here today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone else mentioned this. Noticed it when trying to play emulators. They attributed it to the higher screen res. Only time will tell if its really because of the screen res or just some random software issue.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Reopened.

No more troll talk. I think post #3 shows there's no troll here. So lets leave it that way. All other posts accusing members of trolling will be deleted and/or will receive infractions. Just depends on how I'm feeling atm.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My phone has done this once or twice while playing certain games, not nearly as bad as the video, but it happens. Just ran a multi-touch test and its working fine. It is definitely software related and will most definitely be fixed. Its a Google phone remember... not a Motorola ;-)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add that I first heard about this with the Rezound. That's why I mentioned the higher screen res.

Will be interesting to see what the problem really is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

orion2001

Reaction score
This is called mass production, there will always be margins of error.
You know this how?

By all accounts, this seems a little more widespread than just a minor defect that affects a few phones that are within "margins for error". And if this is a result of manufacturing process variations, then it would imply that Samsung's manufacturing processes are not very well controlled (which I highly doubt).

It is far more probable that it is some sort of a software glitch due to the new OS. I'm sure Samsung/Google/Verizon will address this. It is an issue, it will most likely be fixed. No need to make excuses for the parties involved. Getting this information out there to other users helps them determine if they are affected and report back to Samsung/Verizon. The more feedback they get, the better the chances for a fix. Win-win situation for everyone involved.

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Wow. I was just passing on info I stumbled upon. People are way to sensitive. I paid top dollar and still love my GN. The

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums