unofficial unboxing GNex

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else wondering why the hell these other sites are getting to review the Nexus and this site or Droid Life haven't got their hands on it yet? Just seems strange considering the following our community has.
Each division of Samsung operates a little differently I guess. I wish we could get one here in our hands to review but Samsung Google probably think this place is too small.

Creed

Reaction score
From what I could tell, there was no lag what so ever. I can't wait for this to come out, it looks like such a dream to use. Simple and fluid. :)

Then, once it is perfect, I can't wait to try to make it better and inevitably destroy it via romming!

Tas

Reaction score
That was one wicked video. Can't wait. I don't speak or understand Italian, but it seemed like I knew everything the guy was saying. This phone can't get to my hands quicker. Great find on the video.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Head phone jack on the bottom = AWESOME, finally it's in a spot for people who carry there phones in there pocket while listening to music.

Tas

Reaction score
I don't get it. Can't u just flip the phone the other way?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you don't forget you are holding it upside down and try to answer a call like that and talk into the earpiece and listen to the microphone... unless they were smart enough to put a mic and speaker at both ends hahahaha

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I don't get it. Can't u just flip the phone the other way?

Flipping my Droid everytime I take it out and put it in my pocket is getting old...

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
loving this phone more and more every time i see something else come out about it.

the bottom headphone jack is a little bit of a concern for me as i usually only listen to music at work with my phone charging. obviously i will be getting the dock for this phone, but when i first saw the dock, kinda looks like it would cover up the headphone jack. i could be wrong, only time will tell.
edit: never mind....looks like the headphone jack will be open in the dock.
SGN-Dock-LIVE-550x290.jpg

i also have a BT headset so either way i will be OK.

But conductive charging, curved glass, that camera....i am sold for sure. i will be buying it just when quad core phones are being announced, but having a phone that doesn't need to be rooted is a MAJOR draw.

M

MiDrOIdDOES

They're still using a new reinforced glass, it was confirmed on their FB page.

As for the headphone jack, I don't see what the problem is? Did you want it on the side? I'm just curious. I hated my Droid's headphone jack on the top, it always felt awkward.

I always use my iTouch for music when I'm running and the headphone jack on the bottom seems to work best.

why don't you explain how that is awkward considering all ipods and phones have the headphone jack on top so you're saying that all this time it was awkward... or maybe you're just trying to complain about android

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Chatchie

Reaction score
why don't you explain how that is awkward considering all ipods and phones have the headphone jack on top so you're saying that all this time it was awkward... or maybe you're just trying to complain about android

^What are you so mad about? I don't think he was dissing android.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Come on now guys, let's not start taking shots at each other!!

Keep this thread on topic.

M

MiDrOIdDOES

^What are you so mad about? I don't think he was dissing android.

excuse you I'm not mad at the world because I bought a bionic.
he clearly did diss android when complaining about a top headphone jack. the problem is his complaint is unfounded because a top headphone jack is on just about every phone out there apple android or anything for that matter, not to mention all mp3 players.

so if he is complaining about top headphone jacks then he needs to complain about pretty much every phone out there not just android, otherwise he's just showing hatred towards android and not objective criticism.

personally I love my droid by bionic , I don't care what you say.

M

MiDrOIdDOES

Come on now guys, let's not start taking shots at each other!!

Keep this thread on topic.

I was just pointing out a previous posters complaint about android and a top headphone jack.. you can't complain about android and a top phone jack issue because every phone and mp3 player out there, pretty much, has a top headphone jack.

because he thinks only android has a top headphone jack, I was pointing out that the poster has an inability to objectively criticize phones. because if you have an issue with a top headphone jack then you should gave an issue with pretty much all phones...