unofficial unboxing GNex

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Not in English but who cares! The guy messes with the phone for a good twenty minutes. Love this thing already!

[video=youtube;gZBz7IVpxdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZBz7IVpxdA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

kinfolk248

Reaction score
was that headphone jack on the bottom, if so thats a dumb move imo. i knew there would be a design flaw and i think i spotted it smh

oh well, it has no buttons so jus flip it upside down lol ;-)

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
was that headphone jack on the bottom, if so thats a dumb move imo. i knew there would be a design flaw and i think i spotted it smh

oh well, it has no buttons so jus flip it upside down lol ;-)

I hate that as well. I always have my phone sitting in a holder in portrait mode for charging and for using the headphone jack. Those days are gone I guess..

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Check this out, more vids shot on the GNex (same vids as shown at the launch but longer). WOW! *You can watch in 1080

[video=youtube;ZhlL-ys5iOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhlL-ys5iOA[/video]

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
They're still using a new reinforced glass, it was confirmed on their FB page.

As for the headphone jack, I don't see what the problem is? Did you want it on the side? I'm just curious. I hated my Droid's headphone jack on the top, it always felt awkward.

I always use my iTouch for music when I'm running and the headphone jack on the bottom seems to work best.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That clears up the concerns about the battery not being removable.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

As for the headphone jack, I don't see what the problem is? Did you want it on the side? I'm just curious. I hated my Droid's headphone jack on the top, it always felt awkward.

I always use my iTouch for music when I'm running and the headphone jack on the bottom seems to work best.

I guess it's just what I'm used to! I'm sure I'll adapt.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

Same here, I prefer the headphones jack on the bottom and I like it has the mini usb on the bottom also. I always had to plug my OG in on the right of me for it to not feel awkward.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where the ports are really dont bother me one way or another unless its like the thunderbolt where they put the charging port at the bottom making it basically impossible to watch a movie with the phone resting on its side with the kick stand. They practically tried to force people to buy the docks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Anybody else see him almost drop the G-Nex at 21:24? I gasped.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums