unofficial unboxing GNex

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pointed out that I have both, the Droid and an iTouch and the iTouch works better for me with it's headphone jack at the bottom.

I didn't "diss" anything, I said I preferred the headphone jack on the bottom because when you're looking at the phone you don't have a wire hanging down from the top.

I don't see what was personal in my response.

This all means nothing on the Galaxy Nexus honestly, since no matter which way it's turned the screen will automatically rotate.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I was just pointing out a previous posters complaint about android and a top headphone jack.. you can't complain about android and a top phone jack issue because every phone and mp3 player out there, pretty much, has a top headphone jack.

because he thinks only android has a top headphone jack, I was pointing out that the poster has an inability to objectively criticize phones. because if you have an issue with a top headphone jack then you should gave an issue with pretty much all phones...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Exactly why can't we complain about android and a top headphone jack? Because every phone and mp3 player (except the ipod touch and ipod nano....) out there has a top headphone jack?

If no one complained about android, we'd still be on cupcake, and everything would be perfect. Criticism helps drive innovation.

Reaction score
I was just pointing out a previous posters complaint about android and a top headphone jack.. you can't complain about android and a top phone jack issue because every phone and mp3 player out there, pretty much, has a top headphone jack.

because he thinks only android has a top headphone jack, I was pointing out that the poster has an inability to objectively criticize phones. because if you have an issue with a top headphone jack then you should gave an issue with pretty much all phones...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I could see how you could take it that way but I don't think that's what he was trying to do. The first thing he said was defending the glass they are using on an upcoming android phone. Beyond that he was stating an opinion and why he feels that way. Calm down

chewy74

Reaction score
Arguing someone else's preference in a design feature is pointless because we all use our phones for different things, and in different ways. One feature may be silly for YOUR use, but useful for MY use...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does that mean we shouldn't ever discuss which design preferences we prefer?

I don't believe forums would exist without opinions.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last warning.

Keep to discussing your opinions about devices, not about each other.

I have edited some of the unnecessary text out of the posts.

If the arguing continues, the thread will be closed.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Everyone having different opinions and preferences is what makes Android great, and in my opinion, is also the main benefit over the iPhone. There's nothing wrong with different opinions, especially regarding Android. It is what makes Android run.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, and I don't want you guys to think I'm intervening because you are discussing your opinions about the phone. That is the whole point of this place. But when opinions start getting stated about other members, that is when there is a problem.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I agree, and I don't want you guys to think I'm intervening because you are discussing your opinions about the phone. That is the whole point of this place. But when opinions start getting stated about other members, that is when there is a problem.

That comment wasn't intended for you :) specifically. I started writing it before I even read your most recent post. I was just saying that in regards to people's opinions being turned into "android hating".

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
modcat.jpg

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think that member was thinking I was "dissing" android, when I most certainly wasn't. I've had the OG since day one and I'll have the G-Nex on day one as well.

The only reason I use my itouch for music when I run is because if I drop it I don't care lol.

Had to keep that OG safe=P

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I bet even if you did drop your OG while running it wouldn't even really harm the little tank. I guess it depends on your speed :biggrin:.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I think that member was thinking I was "dissing" android, when I most certainly wasn't. I've had the OG since day one and I'll have the G-Nex on day one as well.

The only reason I use my itouch for music when I run is because if I drop it I don't care lol.

Had to keep that OG safe=P
Why don't you get a ipod nano for running? A lot smaller and less likely to fall.