first time droid user

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
hi ,after years with iphones and my recent iphone going swimming with me i decided to jump ship and get a galaxy s7 edge .
i have only ever had iphones since the iphone 4 . so i come with questions . i am pretty computer savy ,dont mind doing the research ,like to read and learn but could use some help from you people who have been at it for years .
catch you around the forum

the s7 newb

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Again, welcome to DroidForums! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We have many members that are very helpful and we will be happy to help you get to know your new S7.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
s7newb

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
thanks to youtube videos i just about got my phone setup the way i want it for now .

OP
s7newb

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
thanks dan .

so what about all this bloatware i wont be using ,get rid of it?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
thanks dan .

so what about all this bloatware i wont be using ,get rid of it?
Unfortunately carriers love to load our phones with bloatware. Unless you root your phone, the only option to get rid of most bloatware is to disable it. Go to phone settings-->applications-->application manager. Find the app you want to disable and select disable. Some apps you may have to uninstall updates before it allows you to disable it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
s7newb

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
looks like the phone is updating to 7.0 .thats that nougat right? everything looks different now ,i was just getting use to the way things were .gggrrrr