switching apps from iphone to droid

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
hi, total android newb here . after years with iphones i took the plunge and got a galaxy s7 edge .
i used smart switch to transfer things from my iphone backup to the s7 .

my iphone took a swim ,i was able to get it to turn on but the touchpad does not respond ,that said i was forced to do the switch from my computer backup(i dont use the cloud)

i switched my phone contacts list and my apps or apps list it said .

anyway i cant find my apps on the s7 . i dont think it switched them . cant even find a apps list .i know where the apps button is but when i go in there i dont see any of my old apps .

most apps i can just re download no biggie but there was a couple games i was pretty far in that i would like to recover .

so does this switcher actually switch game apps? or am i just outta luck? thanks for the help i`m gonna need it !

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums, s7newb! When transferring from iPhone to the Android s7, not everything will transfer because of the two different operating systems. You will have to go to the playstore to install your apps. For some apps that you have to sign into with a username & password may be able to import your data for that app.

There are many members here that use both iPhone and Android and some that switched from one to the other ( @bkdodger @droidprincess ) who may have good information on transferring.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And if all your apps did transfer, the data won't, so you'd lose the progress in your game anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
s7newb

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
apps didnt transfer ,or i dont know where they went

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apps didnt transfer ,or i dont know where they went
Differing operating systems , different app purchase stores and different user accounts are why.
Go to the Play Store app on your phone and grab new copies that are made for Android operating system. Your iPhone uses iOS operating system, thus not compatible. If they were paid apps on your iPhone they may or may not cost you again but most likely they will .
Welcome to the forum.

OP
s7newb

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
yeah i`m over it , i just re downloaded them . got to start all over .:(

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i`m over it , i just re downloaded them . got to start all over .:(
I ran into that when I had an iPad and Android phone. Kinda sucks that it's that way but at least most of (not all) work just as well on their respective platforms

Hnaem

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
If so that . how do you avoid the data missing when switching from iPhone to other device .