Find Some Freedom with 'Liberty', a Cool Custom ROM for Your Droid X/2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
libertyx_frontpage.png

Some very enterprising and talented members of our forums have created an amazing custom ROM they call "Liberty"! It's only for the 320/340 Droid X/2, so keep that in mind, but if that's the phone you have it's definitely worth a look . Their work is pretty ingenious and includes some excellent custom features. Here are just a few:
  • Base....built on top of GummyJAR
  • 95% of all the apps were built from source.... rather than decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!! And it shows in pure speed!!!!
  • Blurless
  • Wycontacts
  • AOSP Pattern lock
  • AOSP tab Lockscreen with the option for Rotary as well
  • Custom terminal emulator with added color options
  • Reboot option in power down menu
  • Launcher2 with increased snap velocity
  • Custom Liberty wallpapers app
  • Custom Liberty live wallpapers (nexus Mod like, modded from CM source)
  • Plus a ton more!
Be careful installing this (like any) mod, as it is pretty major, but for anyone comfortable with the process it's well worth a look. Their hard work and talent really shines through. For a full list of features and some download links click our forum link here: Custom ROM - The Eagle has Landed!!!! Liberty 1.0

You can also find info on all their team-members at that link for more info. Nice Work you guys! Thanks for sharing your creative genius with us. dancedroid

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
been running this rom for almost 12 hours now no problems.. so far best rom i have had on X yet..

pandabear

Reaction score
vs rubix?

I've been running rubix 1.9.5 and it's been amazing. Can anyone comment on the pros/cons of this rom vs rubix 1.9.5?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've been running rubix 1.9.5 and it's been amazing. Can anyone comment on the pros/cons of this rom vs rubix 1.9.5?

I too use Rubix 1.9.5 and have used Rubix since it came out. I will be installing this and giving it a shot. No reason not to.

pandabear

Reaction score
Alright, I'll give it a shot. I'm just a little wary since the last ROM that was supposedly the "greatest" - darkslide 4.2, nice ROM but it was slow for me and honestly a little much on the theming/transitions.

detox

Reaction score
Alright, I'll give it a shot. I'm just a little wary since the last ROM that was supposedly the "greatest" - darkslide 4.2, nice ROM but it was slow for me and honestly a little much on the theming/transitions.

It wont disappoint! Could I suggest the linear theme by bgill and skurtz. Excellence!

detoXatappin on my X

pandabear

Reaction score
Very Nice...

Got it up and running. Very Nice so far. Fast, smooth and very nice looking. I think it's at least on par with rubix if not much better (more options for customization)

FFandCS

Reaction score
So far I really like this ROM....I am however having trouble with the theme mod in the liberty tools....when i reboot it will not load the file, said it is bad....I removed the theme zip and trying to DL again, let you know if it works.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
At first I was sad that i could run this because Im still rockin the D1, but I just themed miui to look like it :)

Miui Liberty

0.png
2.png

1.png
3.png

Dustin.

Reaction score
This ROM is far more better than DarkSlide... Kejars build and awesome speeds and smoothness. JRummys scripts, and both mashed together to make one hell of a slick, fast, smooth, and very customizable experience! Battery life is great plus as well!

Sent from my DROID X.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I put this on my phone yesterday and used it for a few hours. I had several force closes from apps that have never forced close before. Even the live wallpaper I've been using for a while now forced closed several times. it felt a little slower than Rubix 1.9.5. Other than that, I liked it. I liked the yellow. But all in all, it looked very much like vanilla Android. That being said, I prefer the stability of Rubix more so I restored my nandroid backup.

I do see a lot of potential in this ROM. Since it is only the first release, I think it will be able to compete with the 'big boys' currently available for the DX. I will be keeping an eye and try future releases for sure.