Find Some Freedom with 'Liberty', a Cool Custom ROM for Your Droid X/2

Big Fate

Reaction score
As much as people were pumping this rom up I'm supprised to not see ALOT more downloads and feedback...

I never install a rom right when it drops, but, I'll deff be giving this a try and awaiting the feedback on it.

Hope theres more themes put out, I dont really care for yellow. But good work guys

Dustin.

Reaction score
Been running it since the day we started testing, and am running it now. No problems, no FCs, completely flawless on my end!

Sent from my DROID X.

AngryMob

Reaction score
Bootloop

I tried installing the ROM and my phone is stuck in a bootloop. I have changed ROM's on my phone a few times and have never had this problem before. Anybody else have the same problem, and any solutions?

epsilonbass

Reaction score
So far I really like this ROM....I am however having trouble with the theme mod in the liberty tools....when i reboot it will not load the file, said it is bad....I removed the theme zip and trying to DL again, let you know if it works.

Apparently the servers are jammed as the rom came out a few days ago, and people are all going to the toolbox to d/l. There are multiple threads that you can download the themes directly from. So try that.

Here's one with themes, pictures, and instructions to install.
THEMES for Liberty - Several to Choose From...

Imyourbatman

Reaction score
At first I was sad that i could run this because Im still rockin the D1, but I just themed miui to look like it :)

Miui Liberty

0.png
2.png

1.png
3.png

How do you make it so you can have several apps at the bottom of the screen?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's the miui launcher but you could use launcher pro or adw for the same effect.

tappin and a talkin

Imyourbatman

Reaction score
That's the miui launcher but you could use launcher pro or adw for the same effect.

tappin and a talkin

ive rooted and installed the liberty rom but it looks nothing like that... i had a similar problem with the darkslide rom. and i just not looking in the right place?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What looks nothing like that? The launcher or the Rom? If its the Rom then you probably hot a bad install. If its the launcher then you'll have to download the launcher of choice and then customize it to your liking.

tappin and a talkin

Imyourbatman

Reaction score
I got it now thanks. I didnt understand the whole launcher thing. I am pretty new to rooting and roms and all this new found freedom so you'll
have to excuse me.
And i am about to ask a lot of questions so if there is another forum you can direct me to to read up that would be aswome. I have just been looking all day and havent found the answers i am looking for.
Is there any way to get more screens with the liberty ROM? Or does that have to do with launcher as well? Where can i find more launchers? Ive also noticed that when i hold down the search button it doesnt take me to voice comand anymore with liberty. And last i am trying to find out how this guy [video=youtube;HHvSGK42GpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvSGK42GpQ[/video] got the wheel effect when swiping across his home screens.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The number of screens and screen transitions can both be achieved with launcher pro. Grab the free version in the market and are if you like it.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh and I think you need to download voice search in the market for the long press thing.

tappin and a talkin

Imyourbatman

Reaction score
yeah i love it thanks... i do have one drawback with liberty but its not thaaaat big of a deal. I miss my contact widget from the stock rom. This "People" one is cool and i am sure i just have to get use to it but the original one was one of the things that sold me on the phone haha
also i dont know if i am doing something worng but i had to redownload all of my apps. the paid for ones were easy but i had to write down all the others and re download them is there an easier way?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah the standard way is to use titanium backup to backup all your apps and data. Then when you boot up for the first time you just have to download titanium and use it to restore the rest.

tappin and a talkin