Final Froyo Release for Sapphire by CCRoms V2.02 Next Up Gingerbread

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You and me both. CM is great and all, but Sapphire had something special to it that made it worth running over anything else. Maybe it was the dev or his standards, but I had no desire to rung something else.

Anyway, everyone will hear more tomorrow.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For those wondering, i'm sorry if the drop of GEM and move to CM seems sudden, but I will be posting an explanation in the coming day(s). It essentially boils down to me not having enough time to maintain all of the devices by myself, and being part of a team will help me relieve some pressure off of myself and keep me interested in developing for android.

I'm sorry for those of you that have come to love GEM, but the source will remain available for those who wish to fork it and keep it going.

EAK

Reaction score
the power control widget in the notifications goes away for me after a reboot. I have to go to gem settings and uncheck and check the "display galaxy S widget" box and then it comes back. Anyone else notice this?

I am not having that problem. Not sure what may be causing that. I did a full wipe before install.

sent from my rooted nook color

hmm... I'm guessing then something got messed up when I put on Tank's black bar theme? I tried reflashing the 2.0.2 again without wiping, but didn't fix it, guess I gotta do clean install again.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the power control widget in the notifications goes away for me after a reboot. I have to go to gem settings and uncheck and check the "display galaxy S widget" box and then it comes back. Anyone else notice this?

I am not having that problem. Not sure what may be causing that. I did a full wipe before install.

sent from my rooted nook color

hmm... I'm guessing then something got messed up when I put on Tank's black bar theme? I tried reflashing the 2.0.2 again without wiping, but didn't fix it, guess I gotta do clean install again.

I'm using my black bar with no problems like this at all :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

52brandon

Reaction score
For those wondering, i'm sorry if the drop of GEM and move to CM seems sudden, but I will be posting an explanation in the coming day(s). It essentially boils down to me not having enough time to maintain all of the devices by myself, and being part of a team will help me relieve some pressure off of myself and keep me interested in developing for android.

I'm sorry for those of you that have come to love GEM, but the source will remain available for those who wish to fork it and keep it going.
understandable man, thank you for everything you've done for the community and look forward to what you're able to achieve with the CM team

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go on the fence here, it may not be the best move.

Seems once there is a good ROM out there, and let anyone argue that GEM was not the most stable thing on the planet, all of us looking forward to GB versions, and boom. Done.

Going to miss this.

Schoat333

Reaction score
Honestly, I'll probably be happy with 2.0.2 until I get a 4g Droid this summer.

Thanks you your amazing work, and Hopefully my next phone will have an awsome rom like sapphire.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
In all honesty cm for d1 could use some improvement. I am sure that cm will be a better quality rom now that cvpcs is working on it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Very disappointing, but understandable, news. I for one can't imagine running anything else. Good luck in the new group and I hope it ends up working out well for everyone!!

Droid74

Reaction score
I'm very sad. Been waiting for Obsidian (as I had no OG) and now done :(...I know its hard to support so many devices. Hope all goes well in the future.

blueaurora

Reaction score
I am with everyone else here. I am disappointed but realize the dedication involved in dev time and the difficulty that causes on ones busy personal life. I am glad to have used Sapphire and appreciate all the effort you put into it.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll obviously be running CyanogenMod soon, probably when the first gingerbread RC drops.

It was a pleasure "doing business" with you cvpcs, you're a great developer and a stand-up guy - your solo work will be sorely missed, but you'll obviously bring a lot to the table by joining the CM team. Congratulations and best of luck.

GranParadiso

Reaction score
Truth!

Well, I'll obviously be running CyanogenMod soon, probably when the first gingerbread RC drops.

It was a pleasure "doing business" with you cvpcs, you're a great developer and a stand-up guy - your solo work will be sorely missed, but you'll obviously bring a lot to the table by joining the CM team. Congratulations and best of luck.

pdroid - I couldn't have said it better myself. I'll be sticking with GEM 2.0.2 (because it's awesome) until CM 7 Stable comes out with full Gingerbread. And I sincerely hope that cvpcs will be able to contribute and assist CM for the Moto Droid ASAP. I very much look forward to the CM 7 ROM for the Droid. Thanks for everything.

ParadingLunatic

Reaction score
I'm certainly not disappointed but I will miss Sapphire. I only switched over to Sapphire from rooted stock within the past month or so and I have loved it. It is quite possibly the smoothest running and fastest rom I have run yet. I've tried Cyanogen several times and though it's nice, all of the extra's in it I don't really need and seemed like it kept my phone from running as smooth as it could. I'm hoping cvps will help that out now that he's heading over to the cyanogen team. Hopefully this won't be an end but more of an amazing new beginning.

Thanks for developing such a great rom cvps and I look forward to seeing your work in Cyanogen!

GranParadiso

Reaction score
The obvious question is: if Cyanogen is known for being a popular, highly customized ROM for Android and cvpcs is known for creating a stable, fast Android ROM without many frills - how is that going to work when cvpcs is on the CM team? Will they let him do his thing or will they prefer he assimilate?