Few Questions -- Rooted

DHood

Reaction score
I just got done rooting with the DM updater, I didn't install Nandroid or anything to backup. It said I may void my warranty, actually pretty much guaranteed it. My couple questions are: Did I mess up by not installing nandroid first? Is it possible to go back to stock and act like I never even did it? Does this at all effect my insurance package? I have insurance so that, say my phone drops 300 ft and smashes into a billion pieces, I can pay $50 and get a brand new phone.

What should I do now that I rooted? I rooted mostly because I wanted some of the 2.1 features and I'm tired of waiting for 2.1.

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
So I just seen that this install included nandroid for me automatically, that's cool.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You rooted your phone = you voided your warranty.

You did not install nandroid and sprecovery = you can't do backups nor restore your phone to versions you previously set up.

If something doesn't work right with your phone and you don't have sprecovery your only option is my last link in my signature. Luckily that is available now because it wasn't just a couple of weeks ago.

Always install sprecovery (nandroid).

Check out the threads for various things you can do while rooted. You can apply themes and install extra programs such as wifi tether.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droidmod installs the recovery and back up for you.
What to do next, install set cpu and o/c. Change some themes.

amyk

Reaction score
I changed themes, changed my notification bar icons, (need to download metamorph to do these), acted as a wifi router for our laptops, changed fonts for whole phone (not just text lol), messed with overclocking with setcpu, and still trying things out lol

ps, I don't think it affects your insurance at all (and to be honest with you, unless you have a really smart tech, doesn't void your warranty, as most don't know what rooting is, so they don't really know...I went in the other day and she had to do a factory reset, and when she turned it back on, I had live wallpapers----didn't even faze her lmao) but you may want to call them to verify

pss where do you get insurance with a 50 dollar deductible--asurion is 89 for advanced devices through VW

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
I changed themes, changed my notification bar icons, (need to download metamorph to do these), acted as a wifi router for our laptops, changed fonts for whole phone (not just text lol), messed with overclocking with setcpu, and still trying things out lol

ps, I don't think it affects your insurance at all (and to be honest with you, unless you have a really smart tech, doesn't void your warranty, as most don't know what rooting is, so they don't really know...I went in the other day and she had to do a factory reset, and when she turned it back on, I had live wallpapers----didn't even faze her lmao) but you may want to call them to verify

pss where do you get insurance with a 50 dollar deductible--asurion is 89 for advanced devices through VW

metamorph -- is this in the market?
How do i change fonts? Are there like additional options in the settings now?

And it could be 89, not sure, I just know it used to be 50, either way...

EDIT:

Is there an easy way to flash roms, I think I want Adam's but I'm new to this root thing and kinda intimidated to be honest.

dtartini

Reaction score

metamorph -- is this in the market?
How do i change fonts? Are there like additional options in the settings now?

And it could be 89, not sure, I just know it used to be 50, either way...

EDIT:

Is there an easy way to flash roms, I think I want Adam's but I'm new to this root thing and kinda intimidated to be honest.

Metamorph is in the market but you will need other things to get it to work (ie busybox, terminal emulator, andexplorer). This thread might help with that...Metamorph. If you are going to do Adamz theme (which in my opinion is easier to set up, he posts pretty good instructions) check this thread out. Smoked Glass v5.01. Do Adamz's theme first then decide if you want to use metamorph. You might not even want to (except for fonts) since the theme is pretty cool on its own.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;G-CJFkPbs7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-CJFkPbs7k]YouTube - (Duck Hunt) Live Wallpaper[/video]

install that app

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
Setcpu made my phone go above 100 degrees so I turned the max down to half way for right now.

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
With SmokedGlass how do I change the font? I don't like this font at all, I want the normal font back... I'm talking about the font for like EVERYTHING lol

dtartini

Reaction score
You want the normal font back... Im assuming you installed the "droid" font when you flashed the smoked glass rom. you can always reinstall the rom and choose the stock font or just use metamorph to change it to whatever you want.

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
You want the normal font back... Im assuming you installed the "droid" font when you flashed the smoked glass rom. you can always reinstall the rom and choose the stock font or just use metamorph to change it to whatever you want.

I decided to reinstall the rom lol, I had also changed some of the packages I wanted.

Where can I get themes for metamorph?