a few quick activation questions

zurreLLa

Reaction score
So basically I dropped my motorola droid yesterday & now it won't turn on. There's no insurance on it & it's rooted. I have three questions:
If I purchase a clean ESN phone off ebay, and I use the activation online or by calling them
1. Can they tell my original phone was rooted?
2. If the phone I purchase is already rooted, can it be activated?
3. Can I activate a newer phone (droid2, droid x), or would this be considered an "upgrade"?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So basically I dropped my motorola droid yesterday & now it won't turn on. There's no insurance on it & it's rooted. I have three questions:
If I purchase a clean ESN phone off ebay, and I use the activation online or by calling them
3. Can I activate a newer phone (droid2, droid x), or would this be considered an "upgrade"?

1: no.... they would only be able to tell if you mailed in the phone and they checked it out themselves.

2: yes

3: its only considered an upgrade if you get it subsidized from Verizon.

subsidized = phone at discount price.

OP
Z

zurreLLa

Reaction score

1: no.... they would only be able to tell if you mailed in the phone and they checked it out themselves.

2: yes

3: its only considered an upgrade if you get it subsidized from Verizon.

subsidized = phone at discount price.

Ok great. Thank you