Giving Droid to mom, getting Droid X

dard12

Reaction score
I have a question about the switch.

I'm currently rooted with 2.2 BB rom. When I ask to switch my Droid to my mother's account will they question why I am rooted and/or revoke my account in any way.

More than likely the rep's wont even understand what root is, but in the case that they do see my phone is rooted can or will they do anything to keep me from doing what I desire. Which is getting the Droid X on my number and putting the Droid under my mother's number.

If I were buying insurance or something I would see why it's a problem because it voids warranty but otherwise I don't see how it would affect the switch.

Reaction score
tbh no there really is nothing they can do to stop you but say they put a note on ur account is the worst i can see happening. If i were u though i wouldn't even let the sales rep or whoever touch your current droid or even activate your droid x for you, I would say im very careful on who i let handle my electronics and would much rather do it myself when i get home. If you must get your droid x activated in store do this let them activate it dont even mention your droid then go home and activate the droid on ur moms line urself. If your using your moms upgrade get the x tell them u want it on your number they will switch it over then ask them to switch her number to the droid theirs really nothing they can do to you.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any problem you can do whatever you want to your phone just as long as it doesn't violate your terms and conditions. Rooting does void the warranty but that is about it.