Insurance on rooted moto droid

Reaction score
my girlfriends sister is asking me to root her phone because she is sick of how laggy and twitchy stock is. only problem i have with it is if i do it and say she breaks her phone will she be able to claim insurance? or will the insurance company not allow it? i know it voids the warranty but her phone i believe is one of the more better made so warranty wont really be a problem.

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Breaks it as in a truck ran over it and its completely trashed there's no way they can repair it?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

drtrider

Reaction score
If it breaks, SBF/unroot, hooray no more root. Should solve any problems with insurance.

OP
T
Reaction score
being rooted voids insurance? and i mean like say she drops it getting out of the car and the screens cracked or something that is worthy of an insurance claim rather than a warranty claim

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
as long as you unroot it before you send it back.

just tell your girl to be careful with it

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Warranty and insurance are two very different things. The insurance company doesn't care about the software, just that you pay the co-pay. The warranty is voided by rooting; this means Motorola/Verizon won't take the phone back with it rooted.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Point her at this forum, in particular at my n00b thread and at the root FRG22D thread. If she wants to go through with it, help her, and let her know about the guys with the green names and lightbulbs. :) If she wants root that bad she can have it, but she'll have to earn it. ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Point her at this forum, in particular at my n00b thread and at the root FRG22D thread. If she wants to go through with it, help her, and let her know about the guys with the green names and lightbulbs. :) If she wants root that bad she can have it, but she'll have to earn it. ;)

eh ill explain to her the benefits and the risk of rooting and flashing roms. shes not much of a researcher so she wouldnt really benefit from this forum. she's only 13 years old lol.