[Feature Requests] For version after 1.5

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
What sort of things would you like to see in future versions of Liberty? JRummy and Kejar are doing an absolutely fabulous job on this ROM! But like anything great, it can be better. (Think peanut butter and chocolate!) And those of us who love and use their ROM are the best way to help them get ideas for improvement.

So what would you like to see next?

---

You can help!
In addition to posts in this thread, I'll try to link to other noteworthy threads. If you point them out to me, I'll try to add them to this OP in the future since I can't follow all of them.

---

• http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...t-robot-vpnc-vpn-connections.html#post1256136
  • Boot Animation Library - Currently the Liberty Toolbox allows us to flash any custom bootanimation.zip but it sure would be handy to have a Library of them to choose from, complete with preview (and indication of whether or not they include sound so I know whether or not to avoid them).
  • Lockscreen Gestures - similar to CM
  • Speed Dial
  • Contact Groups
  • More Cowbell, err, Gingerbread
  • Notification Switches (GPS, Bluetooth,etc) - this is REALLY wanted! Good luck!
  • Live Wallpaper Library
  • Menu Animations (like Apex, DS4.2 and Tranquility)
  • Optional shake-to-answer (for people who wear gloves)
  • More notification bar user-theming options (like the current Battery icons)
  • Other notification bar options (such as removing the clock)
  • Last Number called in Dialer (like Apex)
  • Lock slider/Phone slider user-theming options
  • Wake up on Home screen instead of most-recent app
  • More battery icons!
  • Long press back to kill app (feature in CM)
  • More aggressive sysctl settings with daily cron cache flush job

Last edited:
OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Jeez, one day after the 1.5 update drops and this thread? C'mon man, cut the Liberty developers some slack lol.

What's the problem with this thread? It shows support and enthusiasm for JRummy and Kejar's work. It gives them ideas at the perfect time (before they're locked into decisions for what will be in the next version. And it's something different than the monotonous "I'm in a boot loop", "Can I overwrite the new version with random old files?", and "Why aren't there faster mirrors?" threads.

I've been in software development for a long time and the best time to get ideas for the next release is as you're releasing a version.

What's your problem with us trying to help them be more successful? Do you want them to stop what they're doing now that you have your new shiny toy to play with? I'm not asking them to make patches with these things now. In fact, I don't believe I asked them to even consider these ideas. I'm just trying to help produce a tool that they may choose to use in the future. It's entirely up to them if they even want to read this thread.

[/rant]

I'm in no way dissin' 1.5 or saying that it's not good. In fact, I'm doing my best to help the folks who are having problems. I'm just trying to be a little forward-thinking and selfless in what I'm doing rather than only worrying about my new shiny toy to play with.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Hopefully Kejar will finally be able to triumph over the power controls in the notification bar

droidxchat

Reaction score
would be cool, but someone's suggestion about widgetsoid has been working for me in the meantime

Draken

Reaction score
Option for Puzzle Lockscreen perhaps? :)
Oh and make it so we can set the time for lock pattern to come on, so its not always having to unlock it when turning phone on.

OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
would be cool, but someone's suggestion about widgetsoid has been working for me in the meantime

I was about to say the same thing. That's a great widget idea, even if it's a bit quirky to get setup.

Amagine

Reaction score
I would love it.. if it were possible. To be able to change the notify bar color with out rebooting. and other such theme type things.

maybe even have STOCK five panel home row? :) not that I don't like adw or anything. It would just be one least layer between me and the OS.

OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I would love it.. if it were possible. To be able to change the notify bar color with out rebooting. and other such theme type things.

maybe even have STOCK five panel home row? :) not that I don't like adw or anything. It would just be one least layer between me and the OS.

For the notification bar color, does any other rom out there do this right now?

beefydoc

Reaction score
The one feature that I would LOVE to have, is for the locksreen music player controls to work with podcast players like Listen and Doggcatcher. Probably 90% of what I listen to on my DX is Podcasts.
Currently every ROM that I am aware of that uses music player controls on the lockscreen (from CM to Liberty), does not allow them to work with podcast players. So every time I go to do something with my podcast player I have to go right by the music controls on the lock screeen, get to my podcast player and then pause it, or fast forward. It sure would be nice if I could control all that from the lockscreen.

EXQEX9

Reaction score
I would like to see a way to remove the clock from the notification bar in the Liberty Toolbox. :)

Liberty is definitely ftw. Thank you for your time, that is all.