Favorite Launcher

nubby

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite launcher program, and why? Do any allow for custom notification / status bars?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For me, Apex launcher.

I notice it's a bit faster than the stock launcher and has some nice touches here and there, such as not needing to drag the icon to remove it.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stock JB launcher. By far the smoothest experience I've had and I don't need all the launcher bells and whistles. If you're looking for a good custom one though, Nova, Apex, and Holo HD fit the bill.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
GO launcher ex. I've tried them all and always keep coming back to GO Launcher. Most features, smooth, and user friendly.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Apex launcher because its speed can't be beat with a couple tweaks.

Go to the settings menu and try this for some serious speed:

Homescreen menu, set minimum scrolling time to "5"

Drawer menu, set minimum scrolling time to "5"

If you do this you will be amazed at how fast this launcher is. You can also turn off the drawer zoom effects if you want it even quicker.

Nova is not nearly as fast.

???

Reaction score
apex but i haven't tried others besides stock. I like the scrolling 360° so i don't have to go back and i like my wall paper to not scroll.

others probability do this too thou.

oh and back up and restore home screen is nice when flashing roms.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
For me it's defiantly Nova been running free version for a while and now just bought prime for 25 cents. It's awesome fast smooth and good variety of customization.

Sent from the One Piece.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I bought NOVA Prime for .25 also.

Honestly I like the native launcher better.

I also prefer the native launcher over Nova.

But Apex can't be beat with the tweaks I mentioned above. I forgot to mention to add the 5th row of icons in the home screen menu.

jacestone40

Reaction score
I have both Nova prime and Apex Pro I didn't use a launcher for a long time ...I'd give the slight edge to Apex slight edge it has the batch add feature I dig but both are good IMO.

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
adw

does anyone still use adw?! I've used it since my d1 and love it to this day. the customizations are the best. I guess I should try some of the others.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
does anyone still use adw?! I've used it since my d1 and love it to this day. the customizations are the best. I guess I should try some of the others.

I tried the new ADW EX today, and it seems pretty nice. Love the app widget picker.