ICS Customizable Launchers?

DHO

Reaction score
I'm looking for a launcher essentially stock ICS but lets you tweak a few things. Such as removing the google search bar on a few screens (not all) or better yet change it's location, and allow the screens to loop.
I have tried a few launchers from the market that are "ICS style" but no where near as nice.

Any suggestions?

Gremlin

Reaction score
what about ADW EX launcher?? I have a funny feeling that may be not what you are looking for.. Sorry if it is not..

martytoo

Reaction score
Nova Launcher. See Droid Life for the download. It lets you long press on a blank area of a home page to add shortcuts and has no mandatory Google search bar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yep, I'm using Nova Launcher aswell. Really good so far. Instructions/download links here.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I just switched to go launcher from launcher pro.
I hate having icons on my screens. Go launcher allows you to launch 30 apps from the dock.

I hate that ICS removed the double tap the home button to start another task, but go launcher allows you to launch 2 different apps by swiping the home screen up or down. Since the Nexus doesn't have a camera button I swipe the home screen up to start my camera.

OP
DHO

DHO

Reaction score
Thanks for the responces.

I tried ADW, not a fan.

I am trying nova, I think with a few updates it will be great.
No looping and completely removes the search bar, the search widget is not as nice/unobtrusive... I wonder if someone has cloned it.

Reaction score
there's only two ICS specific launchers: nova and apex. i have the pro versions of both. i like nova a little better.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Holo launcher is the best ics launcher out there. It's not well known but it should be. Works great

Sent from Rezound

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
pool_shark said:
I hate that ICS removed the double tap the home button to start another task, but go launcher allows you to launch 2 different apps by swiping the home screen up or down. Since the Nexus doesn't have a camera button I swipe the home screen up to start my camera.

You can still double tap the home button to open an app. Settings->Accessibility... at the very bottom.

Edit: Oops, that may be only on the Razr ICS.

Last edited: