Everyone's favorite screen launcher

hoops8

Reaction score
I just ordered my DX so not sure when I will be getting it, but I wanted to do a little research while I am waiting. Been doing a lot of reading on here, too. What is everyone's favorite screen launcher? I think most people are using Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher. Thanks.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Those are great launchers and I used Launcher Pro always on my Droid 1. With that said, on my Droid X I am using the stock launcher. However, I am rooted and running Froyo with 928's Black Glass Theme.

I find the stock launcher is pretty smooth.

droidphreak

Reaction score
Those are great launchers and I used Launcher Pro always on my Droid 1. With that said, on my Droid X I am using the stock launcher. However, I am rooted and running Froyo with 928's Black Glass Theme.

I find the stock launcher is pretty smooth.

Ive used LauncherPro Plus. Its pretty slick. Though like the poster above Ive gone back to stock and im finding that I really really like it.

Technoman

Reaction score
Stock.... because other launchers eat memory... why not just use stock cause you can't take it off.

OP
H

hoops8

Reaction score
Wow, I am surprised many people are saying the stock launcher is what they prefer. After doing so much reading, I thought people would be arguing over Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Wow, I am surprised many people are saying the stock launcher is what they prefer. After doing so much reading, I thought people would be arguing over Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher.

Ditto..I prefer ADW, but since every droid is different, just try them out to see what works best for your phone.

OP
H

hoops8

Reaction score
I will, as soon as I get it. Like I said, just ordered it so I'm not sure if they are still somewhat backordered or what.

Technoman

Reaction score
Ok, I will correct myself. You can take it off if you root your X. Personally, I have no plans to root my X and install the crippled 2.2. I had a Droid 1, and rooted it, OC'd it, and did all the customization. Really didn't see that much improvement over the stock 2.2 once it was released. What I did experience was a lot less problems.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my 2.2 is not "crippled", it works just fine :)