It must be Gingerbread 596...

cclauss777

Reaction score
I don't think it's Launcher Pro, ADW, or GO Launcher. ALL my launchers are lagging and I'm experiencing force closings.

Key board is laggy when typing and scrolling through home screen is horrendous. It MUST be Gingerbread! Am I right?

What else could it be? I did a factory reset, uninstalled the launchers and reinstalled them, and nothing is working.

Tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this severe lag. It's giving me a headache.

Is there an update for GB or a quick fix/tweak for this?

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I had the same problem except the force closing I just went and ended most of the apps running in the background to get rid of the lag. You might want to try ending maps, market and whatever apps you aren't currently running as for the force closing it might be gb theres alot of people having problems with gb your not the only one! You can always sbf and do the rooted version. thats what I did and so far nothing is lagging/force closing or doing anything out of the norm

Sent from my ZombieStomped DROIDX

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I would say you ended up with a corrupt file. There several things you can do.

1- boot into recovery and clear the dalvik cache the reboot. See if that does anything for you.

2- boot into recovery and do a data/cache wipe. You will have to reset everything but it may fix the problem as it will return your phone to an out of the box state, running gb though.

3- do a data/cache wipe and reinstall the zip files to see if anything was corrupt during install.

4- sbf back to froyo, reroot froyo, redownload the gb files to eliminate a corrupt downloaded file, and reinstall gb files over rooted froyo.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

cclauss777

Reaction score
I would say you ended up with a corrupt file. There several things you can do.

1- boot into recovery and clear the dalvik cache the reboot. See if that does anything for you.

2- boot into recovery and do a data/cache wipe. You will have to reset everything but it may fix the problem as it will return your phone to an out of the box state, running gb though.

3- do a data/cache wipe and reinstall the zip files to see if anything was corrupt during install.

4- sbf back to froyo, reroot froyo, redownload the gb files to eliminate a corrupt downloaded file, and reinstall gb files over rooted froyo.

I did suggestions 1 and 2 and it didn't seem to help.

But I have a question on suggestion 3. What .zip files are you talking about? The 2 part GB files?

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Yes he means the 2 leaked gb files

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Couldn't he just sbf to 5.96 assuming the news of it being available today is true?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If a full .596 sbf file is made available, yeah he souls sbf up to gingerbread and that would be easier, but I'm going to assume that it would be the stock, unrooted sbf file

Reaction score
Or you can try actually updating to gb not the leaked ones. I've read about more issues from the leaked ones then I've read about the ota of gb. I know its not rooted yet but now with the sfb file out you have nothing to loose.

Ps. I have 0 issues with my phone on gb. In fact it runs so much better then it did on froyo.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
With everything that people are saying about the update I'd just go with the rooted version anyways cause if you don't want gb then you can just flash a rom on with no problem plus once your rooted and you go back it never really is the same atleast for me