1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Questions to Rezound Owners

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by MightyT01, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Just played with the Rezound today at the VZW store and I must say I am very impressed. It is now my second choice over the GNex. The RAZR is just too damn wide for my small hands and too thin. Compared to my OG Droid, the Rezound felt like I was at home holding it and navigating through it one handed. I was very surprised at how much I liked it. I have a few questions to current Rezound owners.

1. If you switched from a Razr, how does the Rezound compare, especially when using the phone one-handed?

2. Can you replace the Sense UI 3.5 with a more plain launcher like Launcher Pro, ADW or Gingerbread UI, without rooting?

3. Have you experienced any lags or lockups navigating?

4. I was really impressed with the camera in store, how does it perform in real life?

If the GNex turns out to be too big for me then the Rezound is my fallback option. Definitely do not like the Razr, simply because it's too wide and thin for comfortable one-handed use for anyone with small hands. Great specs but poor design. I actually prefer the Bionic over the Razr just for that reason.
  2. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

There aren't any roms yet so you are stuck with sense for now. They are working on root right now. I have done alot of stuff with it Nd have had no lockups.
    From my Rockin Rezound
  3. fobpartisan

fobpartisan New Member

If you instal Launcher pro does that replace sence? I really cant stand the way sence works. Just want a good phone with launcher pro on it.
  4. Et3rnalbattl3

Et3rnalbattl3 New Member

Yes, launcher pro replaces sense
  5. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 New Member

I can only address questions 3 and 4:

3: No lockups at all, very smooth, very fast!

4: The camera is amazing! It takes better photos than my Canon stand-alone camera! The panorama mode is really cool!
  6. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Searched youtube last night and there was an option in your app settings for sense to basically disable it. Although the video was a year old. Next time I'm in the VZW store I'll check it out, unless a current rezound owner wants to try. You can easily restore Sense. It appears to be done in a way similar to launcher pro, which is what I use.

I think the Rezound is quite the sleeper hit with all the hype of the GNex and Razr. Very nice phone and amazing HD screen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie New Member

Haven't used it for Nav yet but I have already done as I do with all my phones... installed Go Launcher and all is well. Sense isn't bad I just like Go because I can create a JUNK folder to put all the bloatware crap into and clean up my icons.
  8. markwebb

markwebb New Member

I am hearing reports Flash doesn't play well and it was a carryover from other HTC devices. I saw a video online somewhere (PhoneDog or one of those kind of sites) whose site had some Flash embedded and Flash wouldn't play.

Is this true?
  9. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie New Member

I just hit a few flash test pages and saw no issues.

I even went to Phonedog.com and played several videos no problem.

I will say that for a phone site, they don't even bother checking it your coming in on a mobile connection and load the full web page which is slow as hell.
  10. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 New Member

I haven't had a single issue with flash playing.
  11. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

can you link that? I doubt that will be there on the Rezound
  12. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Here's a link. It's not the same vid I saw but it shows the exact same way to do it. I had to do this to go from stock Froyo launcher to launcher pro. Pretty easy, unless you forget how to do it. I'm not sure if this can still be done with Sense 3.5, that's why I asked the question.

13. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Good to hear. During my lunch break I went to the VZW store to try disabling HTC Sense in the manage app settings, similar to the video above. I couldn't get it to work or give me the choice to use stock Gingerbread launcher. I ran out of time to really play with it, so if Go Launcher successfully worked this may work for me and launcher pro. I like a very streamlined minimalist launcher and UI. Checked out the videos it came with and damn, that HD screen is nice.
  14. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 New Member

I just tried it, it didn't work for me. I never got the dialog box asking which launcher I wanted to use, it simply restarted Sense.
  15. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

What kind of battery life are y'all seeing out of this phone? Been really curious about that. And if HTC ever truly fixed their charging glitch.
  16. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Download Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher or Go Launcher and try it again. It may be that the Sense UI disables that stock Gingerbread UI to disallow that as an option and since there are no other launchers to choose from it defaults back to Sense. That must be how Atomicwedgie got Go Launcher to work. Please post your results.
  17. Tas

Tas New Member

I went into the VZ wireless store today to check out the new slew of phones out. I gotta tell u if I wasn't waiting for the G-Nex to drop, I would definitely pick up the Rezound. It looked really nice and size looked perfect. Felt great in the hands too. The Razr I didn't care for too much. And didn't really spend too much time with the Bionic either. But the Rezound really looked nice.

Tas
  18. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Believe you're correct. It never offered the option on my Inc or Inc2 until I actually has a secondary launcher installed. Beyond that, waiting on word for rooting on it. Man I wish they would hurry up. This is actually my second choice behind the Nexus. I've gotten very used to SPB Launcher and actually like it over Sense.
  19. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 New Member

That did result in having a choice after stopping Sense, but the choice was between Sense and the launcher I had just downloaded (Launcher Pro). I was hoping to simply remove that layer entirely and interface with Android directly after stopping Sense.

I am back with sense, I actually like it, I was just hoping to experiment a bit.
  20. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ahhh, no, you can't remove Sense entirely. When the option to select your Launcher comes up, it should give you a check box to see if you want to make it the default. But no, you can't turn off Sense completely, just the launcher. The rest will continue running in the background.
Search tags for this page

how to delete facebook on rezound

how to get rid of htc sense from verizon rezound

how to remove facebook app from htc rezound

how to remove facebook off htc rezound

how to uninstall facebook from htc rezound

htc rezound disabled ui

htc rezound remove sense ui

remove sense ui on htc rezound

turning off htc sense on rezound