Everyone's favorite screen launcher

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I love LauncherPro. Even bought the Plus version for the Facebook widget. I've toyed around with ADW, but like Launcher Pro more. Frankly, I think its more of which one you use first and get all set up. I started with Launcher Pro and got used to it.

ffej89

Reaction score
I am just the op. I started out with stock of course and the Evo is my first android. I them moved to LauncherPro and loved it. Now i am rooted and using ADW.Launcher and i could never be happier.

OP
H

hoops8

Reaction score
Seems like Launcher Pro is the more popular. Do you think it's worth the $$ to go to the plus version of Launcher Pro? I have never heard of Sweeter Home, I will have to research the one and take a look. Thanks.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Seems like Launcher Pro is the more popular. Do you think it's worth the $$ to go to the plus version of Launcher Pro? I have never heard of Sweeter Home, I will have to research the one and take a look. Thanks.

If you haven't, I would mess around with just the free version from the market and see if you like it - as one poster indicated before it is alot of personal preference. I think it is worth the donation as it supports the dev for all of his work.

jzmax22

Reaction score
Ive used Launcher Pro, Love it, used ADW loved it, im back to stock launcher on my Droid X. Launcher Pro Plus is great because of the use of their widgets, which look like Sense UI widgets, and how smooth it runs. ADW is very crisp and customizable with some sharp looking icons. All though the only problem i have run into is that when in launcher pro/ADW i have not found a way to revert back to stock launcher without removing launcher pro/ADW. Going to settings/applications/ and going to manage applications there is no option to clear defaults as there was on my D1 and Incredible. I dont want to install another app just to switch between, seems pointless, but alot of people like it!

Basically is all up to your personal preference, you wont be disappointed in anyone the routes you should choose to take.

timrock

Reaction score
i used launcher pro at first, but just discovered ADW yesterday. ADW doesnt give you as many screens as launcherpro, but i like the horizontal scrolling of the apps. The themes are pretty cool too

makaveliq3

Reaction score
i would prefer to use stock but ever since i went to froyo i get a flicker effect when scrolling between home screens when I'm stock. I have no idea why btu when I run launcher pro i have the smoothest scrolling effect.

I don't use live wallpaper either.

Maybe one day i'll figure out why my stock launcher is so finicky

Jaeger

Reaction score
I have them all installed on my X and have been messing around with them trying to figure out which one to stick with.
I stop haven't made up my mind, except that I prefer both Launcher Pro plus and ADW over the stock. They are both smoother than stock.
I started with LP and really have no complaints with it. It works very well and the widgets are great. I decided to give ADW a try because I thought it might be nice to have theme options. You can still have up to 7 home screens. Pinching a home screen to go to helicopter view is smoother and easier on ADW. What is really nice is the way you can customize the app drawer. I can swap between different app drawer views so I can go to category specific apps instead of having to scroll through them all. Of course you can still view them all if you like.
I sort of miss having the scrolling dock bar like on LP but between the ADW dock bar setup and customizable app drawer I don't miss it too much.
I've run Quadrant and Linepack tests while using each launcher and I get consistently higher scores when using the stock launcher. (mid 1200s with Quadrant and about 7.5 with Linepack) LP and ADW have each scored that high but not as constantly. I can't interpret those results, just passing it on.
I'm sort of leaning toward Adw at the moment.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have them all installed on my X and have been messing around with them trying to figure out which one to stick with.
I stop haven't made up my mind, except that I prefer both Launcher Pro plus and ADW over the stock. They are both smoother than stock.
I started with LP and really have no complaints with it. It works very well and the widgets are great. I decided to give ADW a try because I thought it might be nice to have theme options. You can still have up to 7 home screens. Pinching a home screen to go to helicopter view is smoother and easier on ADW. What is really nice is the way you can customize the app drawer. I can swap between different app drawer views so I can go to category specific apps instead of having to scroll through them all. Of course you can still view them all if you like.
I sort of miss having the scrolling dock bar like on LP but between the ADW dock bar setup and customizable app drawer I don't miss it too much.
I've run Quadrant and Linepack tests while using each launcher and I get consistently higher scores when using the stock launcher. (mid 1200s with Quadrant and about 7.5 with Linepack) LP and ADW have each scored that high but not as constantly. I can't interpret those results, just passing it on.
I'm sort of leaning toward Adw at the moment.

Can you expand on the app drawer customizations? Is this a fairly new feature of ADW - I haven't used in maybe a month if not more?

Jaeger

Reaction score
Sure. Go to your app drawer, press menu. You'll get the option to setup group, choose group or remove catalog. Go to choose group and you can create a new category. Then go to setup group and choose which which apps you want to be in it. I think you can have up to 5 categories. I'd like to see more added along with the ability to put a category link into the sub dock bar.
I can't say if this is a new feature or not. I've only been using it for less than a week.

Last edited:

Jaeger

Reaction score
To add our remove screens press the menufrom your homescreen and choose edit.