Fall of Android?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I agree 100%. Competition keeps everyone reaching for the stairs...it's good for no matter platform you prefer.

Problem is that Apple isn't engaged in fair competition. They try to strong arm and sue everyone into submission. They've become exactly what the fanboys hated about Microsoft. Ironic!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes...I certainly shared my opinion of our President, which really didn't need to be included as part of my response to the OP. As far as true when I think it's false...I really have lost respect for that site and therefore don't take anything they say or publish seriously. The article may have some valid points, but I don't think in the grand scheme of things that Android is falling.

I think you were well within your rights with your comparisons! :icon_ banana:

wil318466

Reaction score
Possibly one of the dumbest articles I've ever read. How can a platform that has so many users and support systems be destined to go away?

Apply sells well, people like their products and they run a good company. Good for them. That doesn't mean their competition is destined to fail, not in the least bit.

Just a bad article with bad logic. The tablet argument is just strange. The windows phone argument is simply laughable (how many people do you know who have a windows phone, and how many people do you know who actually want one? I'm going to say 1 and 0 for me, and I go out 4 nights a week and have a large group of friends).

I would say it's safe to assume Android will be here for the long haul, and very likely thrive.

Sectime

Reaction score
I think you were well within your rights with your comparisons! :icon_ banana:
And just what rights are you reffering to, on a private business website? No shoes, No shirt, No service kinda thing. I don't have an opinion either way, but I like to point out incorrect info:D To those who equate liking competition to fanboyism just wow, Don't like capitalism huh!!

Zandar

Reaction score
Ron, the author, is well known for writing inflammatory, anti-Android rants on that site with little to nothing backing up his opinions. I even wrote a rebuttal to one of his pieces and it was published to Droid Life and very well received. I can't for the life of me figure out why Droid Life keeps publishing Ron's drivel.

-Sliced from my RAZR

Reaction score
Android's biggest problem? Name recognition. People know what an iPad or iPhone are? Most couldn't tell you that it runs iOS let alone the version. Android phones and tablets suffer from the fact that none of them stand out of the pack. Most people couldn't tell you the difference between Droid, honeycomb, or a Nexus. I have the same problem with computer clients that can't tell me which version of Windows they are running. Heck some of them tell me they are running Microsoft or tell me they are running word.

Apple has been successful at defiining themselves with a one word world. iPhone. And for tablets iPad. Until one Android vendor can market themselves as a single item they will never have the market awareness that Apple gets.

Zandar

Reaction score
nlinecomputers said:
Android's biggest problem? Name recognition. People know what an iPad or iPhone are? Most couldn't tell you that it runs iOS let alone the version. Android phones and tablets suffer from the fact that none of them stand out of the pack. Most people couldn't tell you the difference between Droid, honeycomb, or a Nexus. I have the same problem with computer clients that can't tell me which version of Windows they are running. Heck some of them tell me they are running Microsoft or tell me they are running word.

Apple has been successful at defiining themselves with a one word world. iPhone. And for tablets iPad. Until one Android vendor can market themselves as a single item they will never have the market awareness that Apple gets.

Android had more market share than iOS, so something tells me they're doing just fine.

-Sliced from my RAZR

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ron, the author, is well known for writing inflammatory, anti-Android rants on that site with little to nothing backing up his opinions. I even wrote a rebuttal to one of his pieces and it was published to Droid Life and very well received. I can't for the life of me figure out why Droid Life keeps publishing Ron's drivel.

They're just trying to drive traffic to the site. I can't imagine there being any other reason for posting something as poorly thought out as that article.

OP
Q

qoncept

Droid Life is garbage. I read the headlines in my RSS feed because it's the easiest source for news, but I have to wade through so much drivel and non-news that I hate every minute of it. I read this headline today and couldn't even stand to read the first line of such a ridiculous post.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Zandar said:
Android had more market share than iOS, so something tells me they're doing just fine.

-Sliced from my RAZR

No I agree with what he said. Unfortunately it doesn't mean crap to the reality is that android sells. Only because people don't know what they are buying. People still don't know the difference between android and Droid. Not only is that an issue but the big F is always an issue for me. I hate that Google's android market is flooded with so many devices and over half of them are crap. Why? Because people don't k ow the difference they see android buy and all is well right nope. For the same money they could've gotten an even better android. Lol its all good though I love my razr, wish it were a maxx though. Pun intended.

mark7568

Reaction score
TheAlpha1550 said:

Are you people kidding me android sells millions of phones every quarter. Who the hell wants a tiny screen apple, stable yes but its partially owned by u guessed it Microsoft! Android is a great platform. Every platform has its problems. Look at apple last update was eating battery life up and even the second update didn't solve the problem. So don't let Microsoft scum that try to hog up everything push the best operating system out of the way. If anything I hope google crushes those scumbags and forces Microsoft out of the cell industry. The deserve to take a hit.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Android is the fastest growing platform in mobile phone history. Their market is growing much faster than Apple's and they sell more units than apple does every year.

Android is far from failing.

Also, how can you back the claim that their tablets failed? Their tablets are half the price of an ipad and in many respects better (asus transformer kicks ipads ass)

OP
T

TheAlpha1550

LoneWolfArcher said:
Problem is that Apple isn't engaged in fair competition. They try to strong arm and sue everyone into submission. They've become exactly what the fanboys hated about Microsoft. Ironic!

Very true.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
B

bens42608

The whole world is coming to an end in December. ;P

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

azdrifter

Reaction score
I don't see Android going anywhere the same as I don't see IOS going away.
The problem is just like what the Auto Industry faced back in it's youth. The big 3 were the giants of the industry and then come along the imports and their low consuming gas mileage vehicles Of course they couldn't contend at first and yes there were many lawsuits and strong armed attempts to push the imports out of the market but they failed why?
Because America is a country that thrives on individuality and choice whatever that choice may be yes there will always be the hardcore fanatics both IOS and Android alike but there is and always will be a choice and eventually both will contend with a new threat whatever or whoever and how far in the future that may be is still unknown?