Fall of Android?

OP
T

TheAlpha1550

jpcalhoun said:
First...I don't believe anything that appears on that site, from an editorial perspective...they publish/distribute trash in my opinion. Second, I believe Android is in trouble when Cows Fly and Obama is rated the best President ever.

Dang that was a low blow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Not meant to be a low blow to you...no at all. It was purely a personal opinion of that web site and the rumors and trash that they freely propagate over the web. The Apple Fanboys would love for you to believe that garbage. I probably should have left the political comment out, but I'll stand by the cow things.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
This article makes some generally good points about the failure of Android tablets and the app market (if you consider using google's ad service instead of charging for the app a failure)

I'm sick of hearing that other manufacturers will become schoolyard-angry with Google if they (Google) decide to ask Motorola Mobility for ANYTHING. The current count is one against since the buyout. But let's see how many Nexus devices get pushed onto Moto, if they ever apply for a design in the first place. On the flipside, I would find it more than unusual if Goog were to never use Moto at their discretion considering the price payed. This probably belongs in another thread, but since I'm on the topic of current problems; Shame on you google, for not seeking the correct path of paying Oracle/Sun the appropriate license fees. You can argue that API's are inherent code and not copyrightable all you want, but obviously the system sees it the other way around else you wouldn't be in court today.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-

OP
T

TheAlpha1550

jpcalhoun said:
Not meant to be a low blow to you...no at all. It was purely a personal opinion of that web site and the rumors and trash that they freely propagate over the web. The Apple Fanboys would love for you to believe that garbage. I probably should have left the political comment out, but I'll stand by the cow things.

Oh lol no I meant low blow to Obama. And ya, but what if something is true and you think its false, you know?

OP
T

TheAlpha1550

kptphalkon said:
This article makes some generally good points about the failure of Android tablets and the app market (if you consider using google's ad service instead of charging for the app a failure)

I'm sick of hearing that other manufacturers will become schoolyard-angry with Google if they (Google) decide to ask Motorola Mobility for ANYTHING. The current count is one against since the buyout. But let's see how many Nexus devices get pushed onto Moto, if they ever apply for a design in the first place. On the flipside, I would find it more than unusual if Goog were to never use Moto at their discretion considering the price payed. This probably belongs in another thread, but since I'm on the topic of current problems; Shame on you google, for not seeking the correct path of paying Oracle/Sun the appropriate license fees. You can argue that API's are inherent code and not copyrightable all you want, but obviously the system sees it the other way around else you wouldn't be in court today.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-

Its sad.

Trash Can

Reaction score
This may not be the most popular opinion on this site, but I hope iOS thrives. Competition is a good thing and makes everyone better.

OP
T

TheAlpha1550

Trash Can said:
This may not be the most popular opinion on this site, but I hope iOS thrives. Competition is a good thing and makes everyone better.

Apple fan boy I assume?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
And I agree 100%. Competition keeps everyone reaching for the stairs...it's good for no matter platform you prefer.

GrmReaper

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
First...I don't believe anything that appears on that site, from an editorial perspective...they publish/distribute trash in my opinion. Second, I believe Android is in trouble when Cows Fly and Obama is rated the best President ever.

A lot of cosmic things will happen when Obama is rated best President ever...I believe Atlantis rising would be first on the list :)

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Oh lol no I meant low blow to Obama. And ya, but what if something is true and you think its false, you know?

Yes...I certainly shared my opinion of our President, which really didn't need to be included as part of my response to the OP. As far as true when I think it's false...I really have lost respect for that site and therefore don't take anything they say or publish seriously. The article may have some valid points, but I don't think in the grand scheme of things that Android is falling.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ahem....... I know you all know, so I won't mention it :wink-b: Fall of Android, thank you :smile-b:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

I agree that it was low. We all know pigs are the ones that are supposed to do the flying.

Android isn't going anywhere. They still have the highest activations of any OS and Samsung just moved to the top of the totem pole of how many phones have been shipped.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
ahem....... I know you all know, so I won't mention it :wink-b: Fall of Android, thank you :smile-b:

ROFLOL! I wouldn't want anyone to think I was "closed" minded...;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.