failed at rooting droid x

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
So in other words there is no free way to do it, I have heard that removing some programs may cause system errors should this be a concern? Again thank you for all the help

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
Another question, what does the wireless tether even do? I'm lost

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another question, what does the wireless tether even do? I'm lost

1) Yes you should be careful on what system apps you get rid of or freeze. Bloatware is safe to freeze. Such as Blockbuster, Amazon MP3 and Amazon Kindle. To name a few. But you have to be careful and not delete any Moto Blur.

2) Wireless Tether lets you run your computers internet of your phones 3G service. This way you don't have to pay the extra charge montlhy for the Verizon Hotspot. It's an internet gateway. Other devices can connect via bluetooth or wifi.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/62427-how-remove-bloatware.html

read that - you can do it for free.

look through the whole thread - its long .... but people have put up files to show what each app in your phone does and what it affects.

go slow.

I read early on before I did anything - read - read again - and read again ... then when you think you are ready - read one more time.

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
Woot! Thank you for all the help, I bought the file explorer and renamed some of the stock apps, what others can I do without?

Reaction score
Find the list in that thread I posted...

I know blockbuster, city id, amazon mp 3, the kindle app (it goes by a weird name)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
You've all been very helpful and I can't thank you's enough, is the any lists of useless apps or bloatware on any sites? Along with their file name?

Reaction score
Go to the forum "droid x hacks" there is a sticky thread on top "how to remove bloatware"
In that thread are lists and they talk a great deal in what apps can be"disabled"

I highly suggest getting "root explorer" from market, it makes doing this easy and you will use it allot.

Make sure you get bootstrap and a backup before doing ANYTHING ELSE.

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
I'm happy so far with root explorer, what purpose does a boot strap serve? I renamed files instead of deleting them (bak instead of Apk)

Reaction score
Bootstrap will get you the ability to do a full backup and restore if you run into problems hacking....modding your x