Droid X, 2.3.3, 4.5.605 freezes in Droid X Bootstrapper

knightrw1110

Reaction score
Noob here with what is undoubtedly a noob question. As stated I have a rooted Droid X and am attempting to run Droid X Bootstrapper. Bootstrap Recovery runs successfully, and when I attempt to run Reboot Recovery, the phone boots, I get my red M logo for several seconds and then the phone appears to freeze with a blank screen. If I remove the battery and restart, the phone boots up normally. I've tried this several times all with the same results. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

leftspin

Reaction score
Noob here with what is undoubtedly a noob question. As stated I have a rooted Droid X and am attempting to run Droid X Bootstrapper. Bootstrap Recovery runs successfully, and when I attempt to run Reboot Recovery, the phone boots, I get my red M logo for several seconds and then the phone appears to freeze with a blank screen. If I remove the battery and restart, the phone boots up normally. I've tried this several times all with the same results. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

you need to use the Droid 2 Bootstrapper, yes the Droid 2 version on the Droid X. I've heard that people can make the Droid X Bootstrapper work by turning off USB Debugging but the D2 one is guaranteed to work