Gingerbread plus rooting

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
So I decided to root my phone in order to get the new gingerbread leaked version. From what I gathered, by installing the new gingerbread, my droid x would no longer be rooted. If this is the case, then why does my phone say I still have superuser permissions and also, when I go into Z4 root, the only options it gives me are reroot or unroot as opposed to temporary and permanent root? Any thoughts?

Swyped with speed on X w/GB

dbst

Reaction score
There is a rooted version of GB out, you probably flashed that one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
I just didn't think they had been able to root GB yet. I installed this one on the 29th and they definitely hadn't rooted it by then from what I know.

Swyped with speed on X w/GB

mcp770

Reaction score
So I decided to root my phone in order to get the new gingerbread leaked version. From what I gathered, by installing the new gingerbread, my droid x would no longer be rooted. If this is the case, then why does my phone say I still have superuser permissions and also, when I go into Z4 root, the only options it gives me are reroot or unroot as opposed to temporary and permanent root? Any thoughts?

You obviously downloaded the PRE-rooted version of Gingerbread that P3Droid posted. There are three files released on different days
1. The UN-rootable leak released on 3/27
2. The Pre-rooted release on 3/29 that gave you superuser permissions
3. The pre-rooted and deodexed patch you had to install over the rooted GB to start using themes. Looks like you did #2

I just didn't think they had been able to root GB yet. I installed this one on the 29th and they definitely hadn't rooted it by then from what I know.

Than you installed before 630 in the morning on the 29th because thats when the pre-rooted version was released by P3Droid.