1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gingerbread plus rooting

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by Gryffen Spark, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Gryffen Spark

Gryffen Spark New Member

So I decided to root my phone in order to get the new gingerbread leaked version. From what I gathered, by installing the new gingerbread, my droid x would no longer be rooted. If this is the case, then why does my phone say I still have superuser permissions and also, when I go into Z4 root, the only options it gives me are reroot or unroot as opposed to temporary and permanent root? Any thoughts?

Swyped with speed on X w/GB
  2. dbst

dbst New Member

There is a rooted version of GB out, you probably flashed that one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. Gryffen Spark

Gryffen Spark New Member

I just didn't think they had been able to root GB yet. I installed this one on the 29th and they definitely hadn't rooted it by then from what I know.

Swyped with speed on X w/GB
  4. mcp770

mcp770 New Member

You obviously downloaded the PRE-rooted version of Gingerbread that P3Droid posted. There are three files released on different days
    1. The UN-rootable leak released on 3/27
    2. The Pre-rooted release on 3/29 that gave you superuser permissions
    3. The pre-rooted and deodexed patch you had to install over the rooted GB to start using themes. Looks like you did #2

Than you installed before 630 in the morning on the 29th because thats when the pre-rooted version was released by P3Droid.