Upgrade Failed! Not! Finally got through the maze

Coltrek

Reaction score
Been screwing around all week trying to upgrade this darn X, and finally found this in the forums,

<<trypt said,

Factory reseting your phone doesn't reinstall any system apps (bloatware) that you've removed. And the OTA won't work with those apps missing. You have to reinstall the apps you removed.

Can someone else confirm my information?>>

THANK YOU!!

After factory reset, had to re-root with easyroot, put root explorer and superuser back on, change all the bloatware files back to .apk from .bak , (Thank god I didn't delete them yet) unroot, remove the easyroot. (don't know if I had to do this, but didn't want anything to hang this up).
Re-booted and ran update, and viola, finally upgraded! I was getting sick of seeing that darn triangle and Upgrade failed.
If you removed your bloatware, I also sawr this -

<<Bxrider117

Said,

Goto rootzwiki.com and look for a file called the gift.>>

Hope this saves some people some aggravation.

:icon_eek: "You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me. ":)

OP
C

Coltrek

Reaction score
Oh, by the way, don't know if this is clear, but I DIDN'T have to factory reset, just rename those $@@#$$ files.

We should start a class action suit against Verizon for forcing that garbage up our noses. Didn't Apple and Microsoft get sued for this nonsense ?

Skeemask

Reaction score
Oh, by the way, don't know if this is clear, but I DIDN'T have to factory reset, just rename those $@@#$$ files.

We should start a class action suit against Verizon for forcing that garbage up our noses. Didn't Apple and Microsoft get sued for this nonsense ?
Get it goin and I'm in...it's wasting out time removing them and killing our phones if we have them. Motorola and Verizon advertise battery life and performance of the phone, but we don't get either with the bloatware in place.