Extended battery worth it?

BMWBig6

Reaction score
Yes some local stores have it in stock. I'm waiting for a new promo code though (anybody know of one that works?).

abe7333

Reaction score
Ok so the title says it all... is it really worth it?

Oh yeah. 20% better

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

cedward2453

Reaction score
I have the seido extended life battery. I love it. It fits with the standard battery cover. I use my phone for normal functions, and at the end of the day the worst it ever was is at 40% life. Normally it is 50-60%. It also since using the normal cover works with all cases.
Do you own the Droid X? Where can I get an extended life battery?

abe7333

Reaction score
Is it worth it?

Yes. 36-55 hours of battery life allllllll the time.
What battery do you own? Where did you purchase it? And...do you browse much?

Stock extended battery works just fine...

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

Big Fate

Reaction score
To the OP, I dont think its worth it intill they design a case that fits properly..

The only cases that seem to fit are ugly bulk looking ones... or cheap flemzy rubbers that dont protect the phone for nada... just wait, they will soon design something that works

Ivanhoensandiego

Reaction score
aftermarket battery not working droid x 2.2

What a scam, I had purchased two aftermaket batteries and a charger on Ebay for $10 delievered from Hong Kong. They worked fine until the 2.2 update, now they won't charge in the phone. Also the phone won't display power levely just a black battery image with a question mark.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
The extended from Vetizon is worth it. I don't know why people buy aftermarket. Obviously to save some money, but you gotta expect less performance. JMO.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

japaleno

Reaction score
I have the OEM Extended battery and I love it. I use a Seidio case and it fits, albeit not perfectly with the battery door on. I just leave the battery door off and it fits perfectly, I mean, it's not like the battery is going to fall out with the case on. It has survived ~8ft fall without even turning off from the battery getting loose. I have been very happy with it since taking the battery door off and having the case fit like it was intended.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the DX extended battery with a body glove case(using the included battery door). Does it fit without hurting anything?

Also is there Any new promo codes for the battery yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jdhas

Reaction score
I have the OEM Extended battery and I love it. I use a Seidio case and it fits, albeit not perfectly with the battery door on. I just leave the battery door off and it fits perfectly, I mean, it's not like the battery is going to fall out with the case on. It has survived ~8ft fall without even turning off from the battery getting loose. I have been very happy with it since taking the battery door off and having the case fit like it was intended.

I've got the Seidio surface case and the VZW extended battery (which, to answer the original point of this thread, is totally worth it), and, you're right, it doesn't fit quite perfectly. Your idea to just leave the battery cover off while the the case is on is quite simply BRILLIANT.

imreddy

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the DX extended battery with a body glove case(using the included battery door). Does it fit without hurting anything?

Also is there Any new promo codes for the battery yet?

I had a body glove and it put stress on my screen. I didn't purchase it from Verizon. I don't know there s difference in the Verizon version.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Ah I might just buy the battery & not use a battery cover period like one of the prrevious posters mentioned. I wanna wait for another promo though... $50 seems like a lot for. ~20% more battery.

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
I got the extended battery from Verizon first thing. Heavy use I can't make it through the day but the stock battery only lasted me 4 or 5 hours. On average I last all day and plug in at night. Right now I'm at 14 hours and 40%. To me the flimsy rubber case is worth the ease of knowing I don't need my charger or an extra battery like did with my og Droid. Someday a new case will work good but then I'll have an upgrade and get a new phone and have to deal with this endless cycle of beautiful phones