Siedio 1750mah extended battery worth it?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
i was thinking about buying an extended battery...is the slight upgrade really worth 50 bucks? im asking because im not sure. how much improvement can 300mah really be?? <---i think the stock battery is 1450, correct?

bigdog9586

Reaction score
No in my opinion. Why not wait as they are working on a 2800 extended battery.

AMelis

Reaction score
I should have mine tomorrow. My opinion is yes. The 2800 will change the form factor and come with a larger door. If that's not a problem for you, then go for it. It is a problem for me.

In the PDA days I bought several of the enahnced Seidio batteries and although they were s small amount more, it was more than I had. I would have had to buy an extra battery anyway. So the extended battery worked for me as a main battery and the OEM became a spare.

YMMV.

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
No in my opinion. Why not wait as they are working on a 2800 extended battery.

2800mah sounds amazing but it does, of course, thicken you phone quite a bit. i like the slim extended because i can use the same battery door. just wondering if 50 bucks is worth the hour or so more of battery life. and i am guessing on the "hour" of extra life. thats why i made this thread. to see what people are getting with the extended battery. my use through out the day is moderate to heavy.

stryguy

Reaction score
It's such a small increase in mAh and on the Droid your battery lasts so wildly varying amounts of time based on it's use how would you ever know if you gained that extra 2 hours or whatever? While our original battery is labeled 1500 mAh it's actually 1540 FYI.

Then factor in that:

The Electrochemistry of the Siedio battery is probably not the cutting edge technology our original Droid X battery is.

The phone will force a trickle charge at approximately the 1390 mA point just like on the standard battery. This will require hours to reach 1750mAh.

And then there's this.
Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
They basically lie and say it's a small gain in battery power and people being... well people want to believe their money was well spent when in fact they used a super cheap battery cell that is no larger than the original.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Sorry, I really like my extended battery. I got a 30-40% jump in battery, which is just what I needed since I use the phone so much. Got it while on a trip back to Rochester, NY (as I drove up from Florida), and it made a heck of a difference. Plus, I can still use my accessories with my phone.

Bottom line, the value of it will be based on your usage, so you may need to try for yourself. Return it if you don't like it.

Slothead

Reaction score
Sorry, I really like my extended battery. I got a 30-40% jump in battery, which is just what I needed since I use the phone so much. Got it while on a trip back to Rochester, NY (as I drove up from Florida), and it made a heck of a difference. Plus, I can still use my accessories with my phone.

Bottom line, the value of it will be based on your usage, so you may need to try for yourself. Return it if you don't like it.
jbjtkbw00, please specifically identify which extended battery gave you 30-40% more "jump" (whatever that means).

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

i think this is what i wanted to hear. this is what ill do i guess. just try it...hoping to get the 30-40 jump!

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

jbjtkbw00, please specifically identify which extended battery gave you 30-40% more "jump" (whatever that means).

The offical Extended battery available from Verizon (model number BH6X). It's a 1930 mAh extended version. Picked it up from a VZW store.

BECAUSE I officially hate Seidio products now.

Last edited:
OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

The offical Extended battery available from Verizon (model number BH6X). It's a 1930 mAh extended version. Picked it up from a VZW store.

BECAUSE I officially hate Seidio products now.

wait verizons ext battery is a 1930mah??? i guess i will check that one out as well

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

lol "jump" as in bump, extention, increased life, etc...:rockon:

stryguy

Reaction score
Ok, the Motorola battery is a different story. Now that I know that exists I might buy that.

1540 mAh original battery
1930 mAh Motorola replacement
= 25% gain

That's significant and it's a quality battery.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Ok, the Motorola battery is a different story. Now that I know that exists I might buy that.

1540 mAh original battery
1930 mAh Motorola replacement
= 25% gain

That's significant and it's a quality battery.

Well, yes, 25% in mAh gain, BUT AGAIN, it's in how you use it that determines your actual gain, not just a spec. That's why I threw that disclaimer in my original post.