Siedio 1750mah extended battery worth it?

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Sorry, I really like my extended battery. I got a 30-40% jump in battery, which is just what I needed since I use the phone so much. Got it while on a trip back to Rochester, NY (as I drove up from Florida), and it made a heck of a difference. Plus, I can still use my accessories with my phone.

Bottom line, the value of it will be based on your usage, so you may need to try for yourself. Return it if you don't like it.
jbjtkbw00, please specifically identify which extended battery gave you 30-40% more "jump" (whatever that means).

The offical Extended battery available from Verizon (model number BH6X). It's a 1930 mAh extended version. Picked it up from a VZW store.

BECAUSE I officially hate Seidio products now.
Plus the Vzw battery is bigger and at $37.95 about $12 cheaper too.:icon_ banana:

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Ok, the Motorola battery is a different story. Now that I know that exists I might buy that.

1540 mAh original battery
1930 mAh Motorola replacement
= 25% gain

That's significant and it's a quality battery.

i cant seem to find the 1930mah battery...i searched moto and vzw....only extended batteries i found were siedios 1750mah and vzw 1840mah

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
As stated, I got mine in the store. Packaging is sitting here in my hand. I provided the battery model number, but there's another which may just be VZW's own model number of MOTDRDXBATX.

suliman

Reaction score
verizon's extended battery is listed as a droid 2 battery. And it works great for the droid 1. I can get almost 24hrs on one charge if i try, but like others say, it really depends on your usage. However, it does seem to last at least an entire work day on one charge no problems. BTW i made a noob mistake and didnt log in to my verizon account before buying the battery thus missing out on a 25% discount, just fyi make sure you log in. Anyway, its a great battery and adds only 1mm to your droid. Fits most cases if not all.

edit: i just noticed that this post was in the droid x forums after posting. My comment is directed at the op because he listed his phone as a droid 1 in his profile. If this has changed completely disregard my post as just rambling.

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
verizon's extended battery is listed as a droid 2 battery. And it works great for the droid 1. I can get almost 24hrs on one charge if i try, but like others say, it really depends on your usage. However, it does seem to last at least an entire work day on one charge no problems. BTW i made a noob mistake and didnt log in to my verizon account before buying the battery thus missing out on a 25% discount, just fyi make sure you log in. Anyway, its a great battery and adds only 1mm to your droid. Fits most cases if not all.

edit: i just noticed that this post was in the droid x forums after posting. My comment is directed at the op because he listed his phone as a droid 1 in his profile. If this has changed completely disregard my post as just rambling.

crap thats my bad. i havent changed that yet...i just got the X last weekend

garath

Reaction score
Ok, the Motorola battery is a different story. Now that I know that exists I might buy that.

1540 mAh original battery
1930 mAh Motorola replacement
= 25% gain

That's significant and it's a quality battery.

i cant seem to find the 1930mah battery...i searched moto and vzw....only extended batteries i found were siedios 1750mah and vzw 1840mah

Verizon's description says 1840 but the battery itself says 1930 typical.

paulmac

Reaction score
Love the extended battery from Verizon. I just recently went a full 2 days without having to charge the phone. And it was still at 30%. I will admit I am probably a light user, mainly txt, some browsing and a few calls. Very impressed with this battery.

debaucher

Reaction score
Just put in my order for the extended battery.
The web says 1840 but am hoping it is the 1930 like others mentioned.

Just need more juice as I hit 20% after ~12 hours usage and I need more than that.

D.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I have heard some say they can use the original back to the phone with Verizon's extended Droid X battery. Can anyone confirm or deny this? It is great to think that most cases will accommodate the extra 1mm with the extended battery, but I have the verizon clear hard plastic one, and I will be getting another hard plastic one in the future and I don't think my case will take the extra 1mm. However, if it doesn't need a new door then maybe the 1mm is negotiable?

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
There is a very slight difference (of about 1 mm) so that would require the replacement backing. Good news is that it comes with the new battery. You will still be able to use all of your accessories and cases with it as it really doesn't change the thickness or form factor much at all.

dtt255

Reaction score
There is a very slight difference (of about 1 mm) so that would require the replacement backing. Good news is that it comes with the new battery. You will still be able to use all of your accessories and cases with it as it really doesn't change the thickness or form factor much at all.

Well not exactly true....

I have this case/holster combo from verizon:

Set Your Location

and the extended battery from verizon with the NEW back will NOT work with that case. I cannot put the phone out of the holster without using both hands, that is how tight it is. Plus the holster has left an imprint on the phone screen protector (from the clip round part) from being so tight.

tohnloc

Reaction score
I just got the extended battery from Verizon and have almost doubled the time between charges - am a moderate user and have gone 48 hours without charging and am still at 40% I used to have to charge every night. Totally worth the $50 and the very slight bulge to the phone is not an issue at all.

en28so

Reaction score
My original battery only lasts 6hrs because I web browse in a dead zone. I just ordered the extended battery from Verizon, so I will see if this makes a difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App