Extended battery?

Draken

Reaction score
Alright well I was wondering if the extended battery is worth the but or not ? I like to use my droid x a lot. And with like 20 minutes of looking on browser it drops down 10%!? That's crazy. I hate to say it but the only plus of the iphone is the battery life. Its crazy. My friend can look on the web for 30 minutes and only 1% is lost. So back to main question . Is the extended battery worth buying? Will it relate to the iPhone battery life ?
Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cpjr

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 and Droid X....the iphone WAY outlasts in battery life so you cant really compare.

Now, I got the extended battery when it was released, and its been well worth it for me. You have to realize the extended battery is only about a 20% increase or so over stock, but im very pleased with it.

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Darn. Will there be a release for s better battery in the future ?

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah Seidio is working on a much bigger extended battery, almost double stock, hasnt been released yet.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
i got ther ext.batt and since the 2.2 upgrade
my battery life is better. I can start 100% at 7am
and have 40% left after 10+ hrs of use. Yes it
could be ter, but this is MUCH better than before.

erict

Reaction score

Is that the 1930mh on the Verizon site? If so, does the silicone cases still work with them?

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score

Is that the 1930mh on the Verizon site? If so, does the silicone cases still work with them?

yes i got the one from Verizon
yes i have the slim silicon cover,
it still fits with the extended battery

erict

Reaction score

yes i got the one from Verizon
yes i have the slim silicon cover,
it still fits with the extended battery

Thats good to know the silicone cover still fits. Even though it fits, it doesn't stretch it out to where the sides don't fit correctly, does it?

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 and Droid X....the iphone WAY outlasts in battery life so you cant really compare.

Now, I got the extended battery when it was released, and its been well worth it for me. You have to realize the extended battery is only about a 20% increase or so over stock, but im very pleased with it.

I tell you this the battery going to last longer on the Iphone do to its size ofthe screen. there is things you can do to make your battery last longer. but its about preference. I just plug my phone in when not in use. I kinda want to get the power mat for my droid. waiting for them to get the door cover fixed,

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Any idea when the double the stock extended battery is coming out ?

Karlac

Reaction score
Thats good to know the silicone cover still fits. Even though it fits, it doesn't stretch it out to where the sides don't fit correctly, does it?
It fits, but not as good as with the regular battery and cover.

I've fought this battle for a few months with various cases and holster/case combination's, but still don't have the ideal solution that works perfectly with the extended battery/cover.

The best protection thus far is the "Best Buy" Platinum case with holster. Again, the fit is just "good enough", with the sides just closing, but with a very slight tendency to spread after prolonged use ... this case does give the phone good protection overall, but the combo does not offer very good dust protection, and that big top clip on the holster takes some getting used to.

The above would probably be the best "case only" solution with the extended battery cover also, IME.

The absolute best combo "fit", although it is a kludge, is the VZW holster, in combination with the VZW "shiny silicone" cover, but WITHOUT a battery cover at all.

The latter is really the kind of fit we are looking for, but it is nothing but a make do until something better comes along, and lots of folks don't like the idea of no battery cover at all.

What is concerning is that most of the good case makers seems to specifically exclude the extended battery cover from their product use.

And, with the built-in obsolescence and turn around for new models being less than a year these days, I'm not even betting we will see a solution custom made for the extended battery.

Karlac

Reaction score
So back to main question . Is the extended battery worth buying? Will it relate to the iPhone battery life ?

Is has for me ... I routinely end an 18 hour day with 40% to 60% battery remaining, and more often at the top end of that. This includes at least 30 minutes of video in the evening, and wifi and gps turned on full time.

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
I just looked up the 2800 maH battery by seidio and it looks huge ?!

Reaction score
I read somewhere that remaining battery life is measured in 10% increments. You charge fully to 100% and use it a few min and it says you are down to 90% - you may be at 99% or 98% but it shows a drop of 10% on the meter cause it doesn't read inbetween

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Hmmmmm....