Extended battery?

erict

Reaction score
I read somewhere that remaining battery life is measured in 10% increments. You charge fully to 100% and use it a few min and it says you are down to 90% - you may be at 99% or 98% but it shows a drop of 10% on the meter cause it doesn't read inbetween

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I would think if you charge it to as an example to 100% it will keep showing 100% until it reaches 90%. Then as it discharges through the 80's it will show 90% until it reaches 80%. Just a thought.

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
That sounds legit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that remaining battery life is measured in 10% increments. You charge fully to 100% and use it a few min and it says you are down to 90% - you may be at 99% or 98% but it shows a drop of 10% on the meter cause it doesn't read inbetween

I would think if you charge it to as an example to 100% it will keep showing 100% until it reaches 90%. Then as it discharges through the 80's it will show 90% until it reaches 80%. Just a thought.

That's not how it works. When it drops to 99% display will show 90% left.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Anyways... back to extended battery . Is the seidio 2800 mAH extended battery really that big? Look at it !

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

erict

Reaction score

That's not how it works. When it drops to 99% display will show 90% left.

Sent from my DROIDX

Interesting as I learned something new again:)

epiphone74

Reaction score
That battery may be huge...but that means there will be a new case and holster.. 2X the power for your Driod X minimum... Ive used sedio extended batteries in the past for other UM... smart phones without issues

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I just hope the 2.2 software "lets" an aftermarket battery work.....I have the 1930mha ext battery,and no longer need to charge during the day...I used to keep a charger near me constantly and have to plan around using the device....between the 2.2 upgrade reducing battery drain,and the new batt...its a different phone.....

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Is that the 1930mh on the Verizon site? If so, does the silicone cases still work with them?

yes i got the one from Verizon
yes i have the slim silicon cover,
it still fits with the extended battery

Thats good to know the silicone cover still fits. Even though it fits, it doesn't stretch it out to where the sides don't fit correctly, does it?

It fits like a glove. No issues
FYI you do get a new back with the ext.batt.
as it it slightly larger

Last edited:

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
I just hope the 2.2 software "lets" an aftermarket battery work.....I have the 1930mha ext battery,and no longer need to charge during the day...I used to keep a charger near me constantly and have to plan around using the device....between the 2.2 upgrade reducing battery drain,and the new batt...its a different phone.....

Ditto above dancedroid

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with Wyatt Earp and xeene on the % display for the battery.

As for the Verizon extended...I don't think it's a big enough difference for me to want to go out and buy one. I say hold off a little bit to see what happens. Unless you find yourself with a dying phone daily.

JMO:)

cpjr

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 and Droid X....the iphone WAY outlasts in battery life so you cant really compare.

Now, I got the extended battery when it was released, and its been well worth it for me. You have to realize the extended battery is only about a 20% increase or so over stock, but im very pleased with it.

I tell you this the battery going to last longer on the Iphone do to its size ofthe screen. there is things you can do to make your battery last longer. but its about preference. I just plug my phone in when not in use. I kinda want to get the power mat for my droid. waiting for them to get the door cover fixed,

I know you can do lots of things to make the battey last longer.....Ive done most of them.

I can also tell you the size of the screen doesnt make THAT big of a difference in comparison.

And the iphone gets much better battery life period.

And having to constantly plug my phone in throughout the day would not only be annoying but just completely unacceptable.