Extended battery worth it?

BMWBig6

Reaction score
The other threads seem to indicate a noticeable improvement, but not double the battery life or anything. I'd like to jump on one as soon as a new promo code becomes available.

OP
droidphreak

droidphreak

Reaction score
My problem is im sitting on a few expensive cases that just dont fit with the battery. Makes me sad. Also ive searched the internet and I cant find a case that will work. Ive been to BB and tryed the plat case as well as the rocketfish. No go. The VZ case I have thats the hard silicone sort of fits but it bends a little in the middle negating any screen protection the case would of provided. Bleh. Wheres the cases that fit the battery! Im extreamly nervious about going naked.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I use a cheap rubberized case from Amazon...it was under $3.00 shipped,I love it,and it fits with the battery easily...slips off easy everynight so i can put it in the dock...I find most hard cases are not easy to remove,and you end up stressing the phone to take them on and off...my droid 1,that was a problem,due to the slide screen...for how cheap it is,you may want to try it....only downside is it hangs in your pocket,grabbing it quick isnt always easy,the upside is it never falls out of your shirt pockets when bending over....http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-BLAC...r_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285862386&sr=8-2

Last edited:

InfamousDX

Reaction score
Is it worth it?

Yes. 36-55 hours of battery life allllllll the time.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
you get about 25% increase in total power over original battery. depending on what you do, it can last you 5 hours or couple days.

OP
droidphreak

droidphreak

Reaction score
Ok so here is a rundown on my Case experiance with the extended battery:

Rocketfish - Does not fit. It almost does but no go. There is a youtube vid of a guy with one on but his must be a fluke. I tried 5 different rocketfish cases including my own and no go.
BB Platinum Case - I tried 3 of these and it was a no go. Once again almost but did not stay togther.
Vzn Hard Silicone - It fits but the middle of the rim around the screen dips down negating the lip protection from a fall. It also looks kinda off but it fits.
Vzn Body Glove - this case works. Its a tight fit but the case snaps togther. But daaaaaamn its ugly as hell and makes the phone twice as big and brick like. Id rather go nekkid.

That about sums up my quest for a case that fits with the extended. So far today ive been hammering the phone to test the battery. So far on day one im at 10h 2m 56s unplugged and at 60%. And I mean ive been working the phone. surfing, phone calls vids... so far so good. If I worked the phone with my stock battery I would be at least 30% or lower now.

For what its worth.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have the DX with the extended battery and I have purchased a couple of cheap cases and there was one that I got from Ebay that works with the extended battery and the battery cover. The reason why it works is because of the tabs to connect the top and bottom pieces.

I have found that if a case has a snap on tab then it will not work with the extended battery and the battery door. The one i have from Ebay has several clasp around the case. What I mean is both the top and bottom have peices that are vital to the sealing the case onto the phone. Others that i have tried only have the top piece or only the bottom piece with tabs that seal the case shut. That will not work with the battery door and the extended battery. Without you are fine.

As far as the life of the battery, I have never run out of battery life during the entire day. My mornings start at 6:40am and end between 11-12 midnight. So that is easily 16-18hrs of battery life with constant updates from Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Text messages, Android Central, Endgadget 2 hours of Bluetooth music for the gym and miscellaneous listening, constant internet browsing and phone calls. When i charge the phone at night, I might have 20-30% left or 5-10%, but it has never shut off on my during the day

Cururipur

Reaction score
Currently no non brand batteries will charge in the phone on the 2.2 froyo update for Droid X.

If you still want the extended battery I would recommend picking up a cradle or clip charger so you can at least charge the battery.

Pick up on Amazon
Clip Charger, Cradle Battery Charger

Good luck I am very annoyed with Motorola and the update not allowing non brand batteries from charging in phone.

Next phone will not be a Motorola I'm moving to Samsung on the AT&T network
http://www.amazon.com/RND-Power-Sol...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1286079853&sr=8-1

me_droid

Reaction score
InfamousDX did you have to do anything special to get those results? I have droid 1 and am seeing no improvement over stock battery. Tried wiping battery cache but seems to have no effect.

jaben2

Reaction score
I have the seido extended life battery. I love it. It fits with the standard battery cover. I use my phone for normal functions, and at the end of the day the worst it ever was is at 40% life. Normally it is 50-60%. It also since using the normal cover works with all cases.

Wall.E

Reaction score
Saw this in another site and thought you guys could help with the question...

My question is the use of the back cover. There's a speical cover that came with it and I noticed something that is bugging me.

The STD cover states, "Only use Motorola BH5X battery with this cover".

The extended cover states, "Only use Motorola BH6X battery with this cover".

When looking at the back of the X and at the cover, i noticed a little pressure point (switch) that is being pressed with the BH5X cover and not the BH6X cover. Located upper left under the battery cover.

The cover on the BH5X has a little scratch where it engages with the pressure point. Any ideas what it is?

coverxr.jpg

sandyk626

Reaction score
Does the seidio battery charge with the upgrade to 2.2? I keep hearing that it doesn't, but that's the one I want because of the size, and the fact that it's available now.

spider210

Reaction score
Now that you say that I wonder what that switch does....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nickguz

Reaction score
can you buy the extended battery at a verizon store? or can you only order it online?