1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Locale worth $10?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by calicocal, Jan 23, 2010.

1. calicocal

calicocal New Member

Title says it all. Is locale worth 10 bucks?
  2. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

I bought it when it was cheaper, but yes I love it.
  3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

Locale is $10?!?! I got it when it was free!
  4. toddegreene

toddegreene New Member

I got it when it was free and it didn't work then. I certainly wouldn't pay $10 for it.
  5. calicocal

calicocal New Member

I'm jealous :icon_evil:
  6. SirSyeco

SirSyeco New Member

i had it when it was free also.. but deleted it. Never worked quite right for me.
  7. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

yea i got mine for the price of on the house haha
  8. Mr.G

Mr.G New Member

Locale is a dandy program. But all in all it only saves about 5 minutes per week. I love it, but also got the beta (The free one). I'd say that it is worth 10 bucks if you get out a lot. Otherwise it's just a fancy alarm clock app.

I have mine set up to vibrate/dim screen at local theaters, vibrate and send an 'I'm in class' txt to people who call/txt me while I'm on campus/work, switch wallpapers based on time of day, go into a dimmed screen/gps and wifi off mode when it gets below 30% charge and finally to go full bright screen on plug in.

Like I said, it is worth it to me, but that "it" is free XD
  9. coolkidd

coolkidd New Member

I downloaded it and constantly uses it.... good thing I got it for free!
  10. stevo95

stevo95 New Member

I dont think it is worth free. Didnt work accurately enough for me so I uninstalled it.
  11. The Miz

The Miz New Member

I like it so far. I use the settings to adjust profiles and sound for when I am at work. I think if you take the time to set it up it works great...
  12. rothenbj

rothenbj New Member

I think Ill start a new thread, asking if there is any app worth more than a couple bucks.

Every I've loaded one of the more expensive ones I haven't felt I'd get my moneys worth and returned it.
  13. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I had it when it was free. I didn't have it set up right so although my phone was on Vibrate for calls at church, it gave a loud DRROOOIIIIDDDD when it received an email. It also seemed to lag for several minutes before it became aware it was where I wanted it to be quiet.

I lost the program during a phone reset, but I'm not willing to pay $10 to have it again.
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

15. Archrage

Archrage New Member

I've had the program since it was free, and I recently updated the full version. I love the program, but when they did the update, they took out one of the conditions that I used to use a lot, which was the calendar condition. If they added this condition back into, i would say it is worth the 10$ as long as you make a point to use it to the fullest.

For example, atm, i have situations set up to put my phone on silent+vibrate, with a dimmer screen, shorter screen time, and such when I'm in class, and then go right back to normal afterward, i also have a low power situation that lowers the volume, brightness, and screen lockout times plus turns off all of the networking capabilities (except for GPS) once it gets below a certain power level.

I did prefer the only interface more though, but short of that, and the lack of calendar conditions i think its a great app. On a semi-side note, anyone know if they are bringing calendar conditions back to it?
  16. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

In addition to the actual problems I had with the app, I also have a problem with the general principle of the app...

For example, I don't really go to bed, wake up, leave the house, etc at the same time every day. So setting it to turn off notifications at 9pm, 10pm, or even 1am might just depend on the day. Same with location, etc. Just not worth the hassle, not to mention it never quite worked right for me.
  17. ripstar

ripstar New Member

I got it when it was free. Stopped working well about a week after that. I would say it definitely not work $10! That is a rip off. My roomate has the $10 version and it works half the time.
  18. Sodner

Sodner New Member

My free version is still working so I'll stick with that for now. But is it worth ten bucks? Tough call.

I mean I use LOTS of its features, the new "Locale ALL Volumes" sets system, ring, notification, media, alarm and voice-in-call to specific levels based on where I am, the time of day, etc. I turn on and off functions like WiFi and Blue tooth. I even set backgrounds for when I'm home, office, or at a Penguins hockey game. Screen brighness and time outs. Ringtones. You name it. About the only thing I do not use is the shortcut plug I got. Haven't found the need to launch an application based on my location as of yet. Is it 100% affective 100% of the time? No, it lags some here and there, but it normally works quite well.

So is it worth ten? I say to me it is. YMMV
  19. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Well... yeah... Stands to reason that if you don't follow a schedule then scheduling software is going to be kind of useless to you. :D
  20. Sodner

Sodner New Member

Agree that SOME of it is on a schedule, but it's called LOCALE for a reason. As they say location, location, location.

Got a goofy ringtone not proper for work? To hard to hear the ringer when at a sporting event? Ringer to loud when at the mall? No need for WiFi on when not at home? Want a cooler :rolleyes: background when at the bar with the guys, one that would not fly at home with the wife :eek:?

All those are location based and can be done with Locale.