Extended Batteries are back in stock for $25

Dfit18

Reaction score
+1 got my nexus on Monday but they were all out in the store, the rep placed the order for half off and I will be receiving it in the mail.

gunit34328

Reaction score
link just takes me to the homepage. i can never find the extended battery. only the standard battery. =(

UPDATE: I called vzw csr (*611) and told them I was looking for an extended battery and how I couldn't find it online. Told the lady I have a sku # and search by that method (SKU # SAMI515BATX).

She found it and then told me it was $50 dollars. I told her that I read somewhere that its supposed to be 50% off and try adding it to the cart to see if the discount applies before you checkout. She said she already did that and still showed up as $50.

Told her again about the 50% off promotion and she said she will look into some more. So I was on hold and when she came back she said she found it for $25 plus tax. So I ordered one over the phone for $27 and some change.

Long story short, tell them to search for the battery using the sku and tell them about the 50% off promotion. Just takes a little bit of patience and repeating the fact that it's 50% off and the csr will do some digging and then realize it is.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
link just takes me to the homepage. i can never find the extended battery. only the standard battery. =(

If it doesn't show up on the accessories page it means it is sold out. Again. Might not hurt to call.

droid_mike

Reaction score
Are there any holster/shell style cases that will fit with this extended battery?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are there any holster/shell style cases that will fit with this extended battery?

unless the case is super tight, any of them will fit. its hardly an increase in size with the new battery.

Reaction score
i bought and returned the extended $25 battery. it made no difference in battery life for me, and i couldn't find a case that fit it. prob why they're still $25.

i would suggest getting the standard battery that comes with the portable charger. much more useful for me :D

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yeah some cases will fit it but with a BULGE. :blink::D

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
They had 3000 available in the system so I guess you have to call to get one.

As far as I'm concerned if the size is nearly the same you may as well get one.

Those who say it doesn't affect battery life don't understand - that's not possible. It affect's battery life - just not a ton.

I've been getting good life with the standard, and if what people say which is that the device feels better with it then it's a keeper.

As far as cases and screen protectors after throwing away my screen protector I'm going naked.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Just called and spoke with a nice gentleman in sales here on the west coast. He informed me that there's no stock available in our region. (I live in San Diego, so no idea how far that region is.) He said that the system is showing 2,137 in inventory, just not in our area. He also said, he too did not see it available online. He told me I would need to call back tomorrow and ask to be transferred either to the south region or the east region, someone there would be able to place the order for me. (As a side note, why can't VZW sales reps order stock from across the country?) He also said there IS a 50% off deal for all batteries for all 4g phones running til the 1st. Not sure if he said until, or through the 1st. Also, I have no print ad to back it up, but it goes with what we've been hearing and the fact that the regular GNex battery is 50% off online. As added insurance, I asked him to notate the 50% off on my account, which he had no problem doing.

Good luck to the rest of you getting your GNex Extended Batteries!!!

Edit: Hoping 2,137 people don't order extended batteries between now and when I am able to call tomorrow...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well there were 3000 in the system on the 28th. They are going fast but I think if you call tomorrow you should get one :D