Extended Batteries are back in stock for $25

ppophil

Reaction score
N
Please help I want to return my galaxy nexus and here on my reasons. Battery life not as good as the droid x, speaker is horrible, no car dock, email: there is no select all
for trash u have to select each one to delete, u laid more messages and the deleted ones load again, my favorite apps don't work. Optimum for my DVR, Google Home and Newsday so I can see traffic cams signal strength not as good as Droid X.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ænyoc

Reaction score
OK... return periods vary depending where you bought it. But since it was only just released 2 weeks ago, take it back to the store and get a refund... not much we can do to help you with on that one.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

ænyoc

Reaction score
GOT IT! The first lady I got insisted that I didn't need someone in the south or north east region sales departments, because she could order from anywhere. Well... she could see the battery, but not order it. So she ended up transferring me to the south region sales department. :p The woman there was able to order me one and gave me the 50% off price. I don't know if she knew about it like the guy I talked to last night because I front-loaded her with "there's a note on my account."
24.99 + 1.94tax + free 2-day shipping = 26.93, and it's on it's way! Oh, and she "wasn't able to look at the exact numbers" when I asked her how many they had left in inventory. As of right now, I'm getting 6-11hrs on my phone, but that's mostly because it's the holidays. When I'm not around family, I can't put it down. Ok... sometimes even with family there, I can't put it down :happy3:. Hoping to get at least 8+ with the new battery, but only time will tell!

xliderider

Reaction score
Got mine. Took a couple of calls though. I also live out West, and ultimately a CSR in Arizona (South West) was able to pull the extended battery from the North East inventory and place the order. The discount was applied immediately because he typed in something like "apply best discount" or something to that effect on my order. Came out to $26 and change after taxes. DancingNexus

He said it will ship today, but won't get to me till probably Tuesday due to the holiday, which is fine by me.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got a sticker from Fex Ex on my door today... stupid required signatures. Bah!

Somnambulist

Reaction score
I placed my order at the Verizon store Tuesday after hearing about the half off promotion and couldn't pass it up. I received it yesterday after free two day shipping via USPS. It was $26 or so after tax. Even if it doesn't extend my battery life all that much, it gives me a spare battery. Now I need a battery charger for my stock battery.

steeleshark2

Reaction score
I found a store about 30 miles away from me with the extended battery and/or the standard battery with external charger all 50% off. I think I am going with the standard with the charger. Costs less, gives more phone time and do not have to worry about a bulge. I think the family and I are going to go out to eat, go to the mall and make a night of it.

Last edited:

travo1978

Reaction score
Went to the store today and obviously they didn't have any there but he said he could order one. I asked if I would still get the 50% off and he said yeah. $26 and some change with tax and it'll be here around tuesday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ice456789

Reaction score
Just ordered mine no problem. She asked if there was anything else and I asked her what other accessories they had. She told me they had a docking station for $60. She tried to describe it to me but the best she could do was to say it is like how an ipod fits into a stereo. So I think she was trying to say it holds the phone in portrait not landscape. Either way I'm not paying $60 for it.

gunit34328

Reaction score
Just called and spoke with a nice gentleman in sales here on the west coast. He informed me that there's no stock available in our region. (I live in San Diego, so no idea how far that region is.) He said that the system is showing 2,137 in inventory, just not in our area. He also said, he too did not see it available online. He told me I would need to call back tomorrow and ask to be transferred either to the south region or the east region, someone there would be able to place the order for me. (As a side note, why can't VZW sales reps order stock from across the country?) He also said there IS a 50% off deal for all batteries for all 4g phones running til the 1st. Not sure if he said until, or through the 1st. Also, I have no print ad to back it up, but it goes with what we've been hearing and the fact that the regular GNex battery is 50% off online. As added insurance, I asked him to notate the 50% off on my account, which he had no problem doing.

Good luck to the rest of you getting your GNex Extended Batteries!!!

Edit: Hoping 2,137 people don't order extended batteries between now and when I am able to call tomorrow...

hmmm, i've always wanted to start an ebay/amazon business! i should start now! XD

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had these little bugs for real in my office and I never can hit them.

When I saw your signature I got my pad of paper and started hitting the monitor repeatedly.

Unbelievable how realistic that is.

Just ordered mine no problem. She asked if there was anything else and I asked her what other accessories they had. She told me they had a docking station for $60. She tried to describe it to me but the best she could do was to say it is like how an ipod fits into a stereo. So I think she was trying to say it holds the phone in portrait not landscape. Either way I'm not paying $60 for it.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bulge?

There is no Bulge with the extended battery - it just smooths out the back so there is no lip at the top.

Reaction score
I placed my order at the Verizon store Tuesday after hearing about the half off promotion and couldn't pass it up. I received it yesterday after free two day shipping via USPS. It was $26 or so after tax. Even if it doesn't extend my battery life all that much, it gives me a spare battery. Now I need a battery charger for my stock battery.

congrats. your phone now has 10 extra mins of battery life :icon_eek:

i returned my extended one and got the standard one that comes with the external charger. works great :D

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
congrats. your phone now has 10 extra mins of battery life :icon_eek:

i returned my extended one and got the standard one that comes with the external charger. works great :D

2100-1850=250

1850/250=7.4

So the extended battery is 7.4% more than the stock battery and assuming the stock battery last 8-10 hours, you'd gain approximately an hour and 20 minutes of battery life.

I know you were exaggerating, but figured I'd at least let people know who were interested in the potential increase.

Last edited:
Reaction score
2100-1850=250

1850/250=7.4

So the extended battery is 7.4% more than the stock battery and assuming the stock battery last 8-10 hours, you'd gain approximately an hour and 20 minutes of battery life.

I know you were exaggerating, but figured I'd at least let people know who were interested in the potential increase.

wow, thanks for sharing the arithmetic with all of us :D

actually, i wasn't exaggerating. i found the extended battery to make hardly a noticeable difference in battery life. have you even tried it yourself? :icon_eek: