Exploding Droid 2 Hurts Mans Ear?

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
This story does seem fishy. If it were an iPhone 4 I might be less skeptical ;) but seriously that's a lot of blood on the phone and on his face. If I saw that much blood I'd be at the ER in a heartbeat, but he went to his friends place of work to have them take pictures first... what the...? And then he went to the media before ever contacting the verizon store or motorola about the issue... very suspicious.

deadernie

Reaction score
Maybe there are people out to get him and his droid saved him from a bullet. Hence the popping noise and then the blood from the fractured glass? At least that would be a much better way for the media to spin it.

"Droid saves man's life from sniper's head shot attempt":icon_eek:

Only a matter of time before the truth comes out. I'm not buying it. My guess is he f*cked up his phone by dropping it or something similar and it still worked and then he shaved part of his ear off using the phone with the broken screen.

LilTortillaBoy

Reaction score
I think its a load of BS as well. I do like the sniper theory though. The media does tend to want to spice their stories for better ratings.

tommyb38

Reaction score
What you have is a person that broke the screen on his Droid 2 accidentally at some point. He has been using the device and he cut his ear with the broken glass. At some point a light bulb, a very dimly lit light bulb, went off in that simple mind of his giving him the great idea that maybe he could sue Motorola, Verizon, the rep that sold him the phone, and anybody that knows any of these people, if he made up a ridiculous story about his phone exploding. Motorola is going to have a blast (no pun intended, OK, maybe a little) with this guy. He is going to look dumber than he does with that bandage on his ear here in a few weeks when he is admitting that he LIED!!!

silvasrt4

Reaction score
PFF! I've had bigger cuts on my eye ball. This guy is a wimp and needs to grow a pair! All that bandage for a 4 stitch cut?!?! give me a break, hes tryin to milk the system. Hes obviously too illiterate to get a decent job so he has to resort to these scams. Why do people always think the answer is to sue a company? come on, MAN UP! throw a bandage on your little scratch and pull your balls out of your purse and go work a few more hours to buy another phone. Stuff happens, get over it and deal with it!

neilrl79

Reaction score
I was reading this thread and they started talking about it on "The Saturday CBS Early Show". They're going to "give us tips on how to avoid this problem". I'm not convinced this is a problem.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
RW-1 here as usual, I call. Bullcrap.

If it exploded as claimed, then:

There would be no impact marks around the earpiece section of the glass as seen, and the cracks further down would have been from the other side of the glass (still there possibly, but you get my drift).

This phone had something tossed at it. The evidence is in plain sight.

Lastly, the battery is not directly below the area of damage, and the battery is the only physical piece of the device capable of experiencing conditions that could cause it to rupture (explode).

Thus this idiot is full of it and the ones reporting it as well.

Let's move on to actual news and not fabrication. :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Something smells. It must be this story, because the tuna I am eating is delicious.

Where the crack occurred, it looks as if all the glass from the screen is intact. This is purely observation but how did he get cut if all the glass is still intact?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

stmomma

Reaction score
Personally, I like the bullet theory. You could even make it sound plausible if you wanted. Maybe the bullet was near the end of it's trajectory, but still had enough forward motion to crack the glass and his ear. Makes for a good story. :icon_ banana:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
a few people have died from phones exploding while being charged, one caught fire... ill stick to my non exploding droid 1

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
a few people have died from phones exploding while being charged, one caught fire... ill stick to my non exploding droid 1
There is no hard evidence to prove that. In fact, the vast majority of the "cell phone explosions" have been proven to be set up's or hoax's.

Reaction score
This guy is totally making this up. The screen doesn't look like it exploded and even if it had why would the phone work. This guy will never get anywhere with a lawsuit because what lawyer would take on Motorola on such shaky evidence. Im sure moto will come out by saying this is impossible and there is nothing to worry about. The only way this would have been semi-_credible is if it had happened before or if happens all the time which it doesn't.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App