Exploding Droid 2 Hurts Mans Ear?

HarshReality

Reaction score
You can hear the press now "this is just another example of why its ill advised to root, overclock or run unasigned code on your device!"

icecolenh

Reaction score
I have to agree that something happened. I believe a projectile of some sort hit him and caused his injury and damage to the Droid. His story may be what he believes. Not realizing what truly occurred. Could have been many things; bullet, bb, rock, tire stud& etc. Can't wait to find out. I do like the Tiger like story line someone mentioned.

NetNathan

Reaction score
I know how it robably happened...
The "POP" he heard was when he sat on it in his back pocket (or ran over it with his car)..
The "CUT" happened when he tried to make a call with it after the "POP" to see if it was still working..

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I know how it robably happened...
The "POP" he heard was when he sat on it in his back pocket (or ran over it with his car)..
The "CUT" happened when he tried to make a call with it after the "POP" to see if it was still working..
That sounds about right.
Then he didn't know what to do so he called his wife (or was it his girlfriend... I forgot all ready) who said come here and let me think about it. They decided that since it was a $400 phone that they had to sue. She may have googled something to find cell phone lawsuits...

debdroid1a

Reaction score

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Motorola: DROID 2 Didn’t Explode, Dude Dropped It and Cut His Ear

On 12.10.10, In News, by Kellex
Remember the exploding Droid 2 from last week that crushed some guy’s ear, leading his shadiness it to bleed all over the internet in a set of ridiculous pictures? Well, I’m sure you’ll be so surprised to know that the guy was potentially lying. Shocker, I know. Motorola has commented to Gearlog this morning, confirming that the phone was likely dropped, leaving the screen cracked. The man then cut his ear on the cracked glass after forgetting Childhood No-Nos 101 which says, “stay clear of broken glass you fool.”
Motorola also made it clear that nothing exploded in this device:
[T]he only things that could explode in a phone would have resulted in a phone that did not work, yet this phone worked. And there was no explosive damage to the device (things inside blown outward, etc).
I love scamsters. They make for great internet reading.

Motorola: DROID 2 Didn’t Explode, Dude Dropped It and Cut His Ear - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog