Explain ROM difference please?

Moroney167

Reaction score
I guessit is just an all around rookie qurstiwbut can someone help explain just what the differences are between all these RomS. I ran gummyjar2.5 for my first rom after rooting. Now running liberty and itscool sure but with both I tend to get a lot of force closes. But my point is, it seems like all they really are is themes. Just colors an options to move stuff. What will another rom give me over another. I like being rooted and battery life is way better now of course. But I'm on fence of doing another rom switch for the pain of setting everything.back up. I justlike plain and simple no clutter no junk. Suggestions? To be honest its fun but I can't wait to just get an iPhone again....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Godric

Reaction score
Different roms offer different things. Some have this, some have that. It all depends on what you find is best. If these options are too much for you than you're better off with a boring ol' i device.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly :)

Different roms offer different things. Some have this, some have that. It all depends on what you find is best.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Ok I take it all back.

Went threw some more threads and seems RUBIX was the ticket. Downloaded it an have been tinkering the whole day with it.
WOW! AWESOME ROM. Deff fast. Seems cleaner and simpler. Much more options. I like it I will say way more than liberty. Love the adequate launcher instead of launched pro. Pros an cons but its different and I like it.

Sorry just a little hungover and grumpy dodnt mean to be a pain about the phone. This droid format gets better an better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
GummyJar, Liberty, and Rubix focused are all basically the same thing. they are as close to AOSP (stock android, like on the original droid and Nexus 1) as you can get. if you liked some of the stock features of the original Droid X ROM, you want a "blurry" rom. blurry ROMs, to me at least, have better battery life and less Force closes. i ran GummyJar 2.5 for a while and loved it, switched to liberty and had some issues and now i am running Apex 1.4.1 and it is great. i havn't had a FC in over a week, and the battery life is amazing. i would normally be at 20% by the time i went to bed....but now i am around 40%.

different strokes for differnt folks.....just be glad we have options to change the software on our devices in a very easy way.