Need some droid x rom help!!!!!

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
Im new to being rooted and different ROM's - but I see ultimate droid is a popular ROM and looks cool, could someone help me out explain what a ROM actually is, What a Kernel is, Does downloading a ROM take the place of FROYO or GINGERBREAD when it comes out, and where could i get ULTIMATE DROID!? Id appreciate some help thanks guys

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First a rom is a modified operating system. Android is the operating system and froyo is the version of the operating system. Its like having a windows pc that is running windows 7. Windows is the OS and the version is 7 or it could be Vsta or XP.
Second each rom will be different. Each developer adds his/her own tweaks and touches. Right now all the roms that are out for the droid X are Froyo roms. That means that they are based on android 2.2. Eventually the developers will be making gingerbread(android 2.3) roms when the files are released.

As for kernels on the Droid X, right now with the locked bootloader we are unable to add customs kernels to the Droid X. This does not mean that we can not tweat the current kernel that comes with the phone. Which is possible. For the most part a kernel allows us to change the clock speed of the cpu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
wow thanks man you really helped me out there, i wanna overclock my phone i have the droid x - how could i do that and how fast could i make it without burning it out? and do you know any cool roms for the dorid x and where i can get them?

pyroelite

Reaction score
Best & easiest way to is to get jrummys droid x overclock app in market - plus it undervolts & other cool stuff, kinda of like a jack of all tweaks...

from my DX (Apex 1.3.0 + Revo)