[Exclusive] Droid Bionic Amazing CostCo Deal $299 Includes Extra Battery, Dock & More

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The more that I think about this the more I'm not going to go through this. My wife and I went to Costco to buy her a Droid Charge and it took about 20 minutes for us to buy the phone screw around with the plan and then activate the phone at the kiosk. Now multiply this with the 100 or so people lined up in front of you wanting to do the same thing and this looks like a nightmare day waiting in line :(

Have Droid phones ever had lines?

drobz2006

Reaction score
so i have been delaying my upgrade since may to get this phone... now can i go to costco and do this deal since i am ready for an upgrade? anyone know?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Too bad the nearest Costco is an hour away. The closet hope I have is my Aunt or Uncle having one. As they have a card for everything.

I wonder if it would be bad to stand in a Costco parking lot and asking for someone to adopt me in lol. Either that or post on craigslist. 23/m seeking M/F with Costco card for a day.

Oh please Sams have a deal like this!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

LaxCats01

Reaction score
I can assure you that the ad you see is for Wireless Advocates which is the company that sells phones in Costco I know this b/c I work for WA in GA.

We don't even know who this will be offered by. No where in the AD does it say it's Costco. So hard to say if this will be available online or not without first knowing for sure which vendor is offering this.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I can assure you that the ad you see is for Wireless Advocates which is the company that sells phones in Costco I know this b/c I work for WA in GA.

So if Wireless Advocates is doing it does that mean their other partners will offer this? I went to their site and they partner with Staples, which is a lot more easier for me to get to.

If they did it, I'd for sure get the Bionic day 1 from them.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So if Wireless Advocates is doing it does that mean their other partners will offer this? I went to their site and they partner with Staples, which is a lot more easier for me to get to.

If they did it, I'd for sure get the Bionic day 1 from them.

This is of coursing assuming they will get it on day 1. We don't know if any other retailer is going to have the Bionic on September 8 except of course Verizon.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This is of coursing assuming they will get it on day 1. We don't know if any other retailer is going to have the Bionic on September 8 except of course Verizon.

True.

I'm also wondering if this company does the 6 months you can't make changes to your plan/phone. I'm also wondering how they will handle grandfathered unlimited data plans. I went to Costcos site to see and if you ordered it online it seems like you have to pick a tiered data plan.

I'm not an expert on these kinds of sales. Since I find not have the ability to swap phones for 6 months without paying an EFT BS. BUT the deal is good and without it I'd be paying around $400 for the two docks and the phone.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
My question is this: we may be eligible for the discounted price ($300) if we order through Verizon, but will we get it with an early upgrade (<2 years on contract) or even for an upgrade at all? I know when I've tried to take advantage of sale prices in the past, my account didn't show as eligible.

If you go to a store and run into an issue like this call verizon... and speak with someone. They will 99 times out of 100 take care of it for you

Eiji

Reaction score
This is awesome since Best Buy Mobile price matches. If I wasn't holding out for the prime this would be it for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is awesome since Best Buy Mobile price matches. If I wasn't holding out for the prime this would be it for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

They don't price match bundles do they??

laxman3722

Reaction score
Did some research. CostCo Gold Membership = $50. Website says you can cancel at any time and get a full refund of you membership fee. Im thinking if everything should go smooth with transition of plan/unlimited data I hit up CostCo, get a membership/make purchase and then go back and cancel it a week later. Shady? Sure. But is that a hell of a lot of stuff that I could use. YES.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
They don't price match bundles do they??

Bingo!

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

In addition

What is considered a local retail competitor?
A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

Bestbuy.com Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy

dgoakill

Reaction score
is the bionic really going to be $299 with contract? I was hoping it would be $199. Seems a bit steep since (like every phone I've ever had) It'll be obsolete after 6 months, I'll be hating it after 12 months and upgrading in 20.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
is the bionic really going to be $299 with contract? I was hoping it would be $199. Seems a bit steep since (like every phone I've ever had) It'll be obsolete after 6 months, I'll be hating it after 12 months and upgrading in 20.

Yes, but if you (read "most people") want the phone then you will end up paying that much to get your hands on it in the first place and that is all VZW and Moto care about, haha.