Emerald Glass Theme for Froyo 2.2

ReaganSmash

Reaction score
Perhaps this was mentioned, but I really don't want to re-read the whole thread again. I noticed that when you open the notifications tray, the clear button has white text like the notifications, which at first glance makes the button look completely blank. I'm not sure if it's possible to change the clear button independent of the notification text or not, but it's a minor thing you might consider in a future release.

Today at work I'll be configuring LauncherPro to complete the look. Just when I was starting to get bored with my phone, you've breathed new life into it. :D I'll also get around to sending you a few beers sometime today. Cheers!

roberj13

Reaction score
Yay for RM links. Make sure you look in the roberj13 section in rom manager for the downloads.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Perhaps this was mentioned, but I really don't want to re-read the whole thread again. I noticed that when you open the notifications tray, the clear button has white text like the notifications, which at first glance makes the button look completely blank. I'm not sure if it's possible to change the clear button independent of the notification text or not, but it's a minor thing you might consider in a future release.

Today at work I'll be configuring LauncherPro to complete the look. Just when I was starting to get bored with my phone, you've breathed new life into it. :D I'll also get around to sending you a few beers sometime today. Cheers!
I'll double check the BB04 version later tonight. But it looked fine to me before.

lilhill

Reaction score
I didn't realize that you'd updated - the brighter green for the signal in the notification bar looks great and still emerald imo. Maybe it would be good to change all of the green in the notification bar - it's all kinda dark. I'm not complaning, just suggesting...

Also, here's what I was talking about text wrapping in buttons and only being able to see one line of text when using the virtual keyboard in landscape mode while the android dictionary is showing (I feel like stock shows 2 lines?). Once again, I'm not complaining, just trying to help...

flyinion

Reaction score
How do you use the extra icons in the first post? I see one there for the non-gmail mail app but no idea how to use it to change the icon. Oh and just a suggestion for the next update, skinned Gtalk, Voice, and Maps for SS 4.5 :) That would complete my primary homescreen.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How do you use the extra icons in the first post? I see one there for the non-gmail mail app but no idea how to use it to change the icon. Oh and just a suggestion for the next update, skinned Gtalk, Voice, and Maps for SS 4.5 :) That would complete my primary homescreen.
Load them onto your SD card. Longpress the bottom icon an LauncherPro (If you use it) and "Use custom icon".

I'll look into skinning those apps.

flyinion

Reaction score
Load them onto your SD card. Longpress the bottom icon an LauncherPro (If you use it) and "Use custom icon".

I'll look into skinning those apps.

Ah ok, guess I'll have to wait for a pre-skinned email app. I knew I could choose the custom icon for stuff in the dock, but I actually only keep the phone/browser in the LP dock along with the "which screen are you on" dots on either side. I guess I was hoping the icon could be somehow applied to something not in the dock. I like to run beautiful widgets + gtalk, contact, gmail, market, voice, messaging, mail, maps on the "primary" home screen. Looks pretty nice when it's all themed :)

Stormwulf

Reaction score
Ok, man, I love your work on this theme...... but I have to say, been biting my tounge ever since it was first mentioned about changing the coloring of the signal and wifi in the notification bar to a brighter color. But it just doesn't hold the theme together as it did with your original dark color. Just those two items changed the whole appearance for me.

Everything else, great, just great. I know I'm just one voice here (just like the one wanting to change it), but I feel your original concept was much more appealing. No one else's green scheme that I recall has made as bold a statement as yours when it first released.

lilhill

Reaction score
Such controversy over the color of two little icons lol - who would have guessed?! I just felt that it was very hard to see the signal strength at a glance bc the color was so dark. To each his/her own I guess :p

roberj13

Reaction score
Kook email me I've got an idea. I can't remember which of the email addys is yours

Stormwulf

Reaction score
Controversy? Nah.... not sure where that came from, but I can certainly give my opinion as well as anyone else, lilhill.

And what you sticking your tounge out for, hm.........

Last edited:
OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok, man, I love your work on this theme...... but I have to say, been biting my tounge ever since it was first mentioned about changing the coloring of the signal and wifi in the notification bar to a brighter color. But it just doesn't hold the theme together as it did with your original dark color. Just those two items changed the whole appearance for me.

Everything else, great, just great. I know I'm just one voice here (just like the one wanting to change it), but I feel your original concept was much more appealing. No one else's green scheme that I recall has made as bold a statement as yours when it first released.

Such controversy over the color of two little icons lol - who would have guessed?! I just felt that it was very hard to see the signal strength at a glance bc the color was so dark. To each his/her own I guess :p

Controversy? Nah.... not sure where that came from, but I can certainly give my opinion as well as anyone else, lilhill.

I'll setup both colors for you all. It won't take me too long. I'll see how quick I can get both done. I'll try by tomorrow.

lilhill

Reaction score

Haha the controversy comment was more in jest. I respect your opinion. It was just a silly face - the tongue isn't being stuck at anyone, so no worries...

Thanks kook! This green theme is lookin' good. I really like the dialer and the green/red changing dial background...