Emerald Glass Theme for Froyo 2.2

lilhill

Reaction score
One other thing. I like the font style, but it's a tad too big - it's wrapping on some buttons and the msging is tad awkward bc you can only see one line at a time when using the virtual keyboard. I know roberj13 used that font in his 4th of July theme and it was ok, so maybe it just needs a bit of sizing down?

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
One other thing. I like the font style, but it's a tad too big - it's wrapping on some buttons and the msging is tad awkward bc you can only see one line at a time when using the virtual keyboard. I know roberj13 used that font in his 4th of July theme and it was ok, so maybe it just needs a bit of sizing down?
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
SS 4.4 feedback

AWESOME! Getting it now! I'll let you know of any issues.
Not sure if the dropdown is something in Chevy's ROM but he seems pretty open to helping people out with things if you felt like contacting him. He may even offer this into one of his ROMs for you. I know he has someone's Blue Energy theme available for people. THAT would be cool.

I just might do that....let me know how you like it and if there's anything wrong with it bud.

Had a brain fart and couldn't remember how to install the thing after all that anticipation. looked through thread over and over for it too. :) DOH! palm:face

****To remind anyone stopping by later that might have a brain fart too or not yet know: rename file to update.zip and load from recovery.****

Great! You even hit the unlock button!
I like the font, but gotta agree with lilhill. It seems to show less than the stock and cuts off a bit of the button text. I couldn't reproduce the same problem he had in messaging though. Mine scrolled as needed and showed at least 2 lines of text.
Noticed the stock email icon (not gMail) was still stock as is calendar. Just 2 for future updates unless you added them to the later theme. I didn't see the new update until after I installed it. I'll have to go back and load that now.
Not real issues as far as I can see so far though. Great work.

Thinking of doing a few of the icons for some of my other apps to complete the look. Mind if I ask what color green did you use as far as RGB so I can keep it consistent?

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
As far as visibility outside in the sun, it's fine. I can see it while bush hogging a field with sunglasses on. And while slightly darker than others, I can see things just fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As far as visibility outside in the sun, it's fine. I can see it while bush hogging a field with sunglasses on. And while slightly darker than others, I can see things just fine.

Thank you for the honest feedback. I was kind of worried about that one. I myself, can see it just fine in the sun, but I have great eyesight.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Working on a dialer. This is going to be the basic design/layout. The numbers, of course will be aligned correctly. But I wanted to get some input from you guys as to how you would like to see the dialer.

BTW, I fixed the ugly red letters on the Facebook/Twitter apps. It will be out on the next update.

CAP2010071610261.jpg

RoLa

Reaction score
I like this theme...I'm going to throw it down on Sapphire

lilhill

Reaction score
The dialer is cool.

I was thinking about the phone & wifi signal display colors. What if you just lightened the notification bar's color to a dark gray, then you could keep the emerald color consistent? Or make those two items white?

Just an idea...

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

Thank you for the honest feedback. I was kind of worried about that one. I myself, can see it just fine in the sun, but I have great eyesight.

Slight correction on that last comment. Sorry. :)

I found one area that seems to be a bit dark in very bright sun (maybe noon-1) . The call log telephone icons blended a little into the background, but were still a little visible. Might need something a little lighter around the edges to help that area. Or lighten the background for them a bit maybe. But otherwise, I played with a lot of the phone today and didn't see anything else that jumped out at me as far as visibility.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Slight correction on that last comment. Sorry. :)

I found one area that seems to be a bit dark in very bright sun (maybe noon-1) . The call log telephone icons blended a little into the background, but were still a little visible. Might need something a little lighter around the edges to help that area. Or lighten the background for them a bit maybe. But otherwise, I played with a lot of the phone today and didn't see anything else that jumped out at me as far as visibility.
What would you think if I actually put the "Phone" Icon in it's place? That would be much brighter!

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Will have an update by tonight with a new skinned dialer.

Added Version numbers for ROM Manager.

Will be up on ROM Manager Soon!

Uglymouse

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the icons for the phone/launcher/web if I am using the stock launcher?

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there any way to change the icons for the phone/launcher/web if I am using the stock launcher?

Not unless I theme it. Youj should try LauncherPro.....its way cool and you could theme those bottoms icons.

I also feel its faster than the stock launchers....