Emerald Glass Theme for Froyo 2.2

lilhill

Reaction score
Thanks for trying! I'll be here waiting when you get it figured out!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

It's bugging me.... :(

CLShade

Reaction score
Wow. This is really an excellent theme. Lots of nice little touches. And I mean LOTS. Its rather dark so I wonder how well it will work outdoors or in the car... but its so friggin' cool when indoors (where I spend most of my phone time anyway) that I don't think I care.

One thing I did notice- in Google Talk the "away" light- which in stock colors is an orange- is green. While its not the bright green that means someone is there... its close enough that I have to look twice. Its not intolerable, but it odd enough that I have to think about it and double check.

Otherwise, as I said, I'm highly impressed with the attention to detail this theme displays. Thanks.

lilhill

Reaction score
Idk what making themes entails, but as far as coding and such, sometimes its best to just sleep on the issue and your brain will have it figured out my morning :)

roberj13

Reaction score

You need to use his services.jar and then copy the images into his framework-res...plus make extra battery icons for the 10% increments..then change the Simply Stunning banner color. PITA...I've been procrastinating porting Redline and Purple Passion because of this....lots of people asking..Im hiding tho..jk will be doing wonderful porting for the first half of tomorrow..lol

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow. This is really an excellent theme. Lots of nice little touches. And I mean LOTS. Its rather dark so I wonder how well it will work outdoors or in the car... but its so friggin' cool when indoors (where I spend most of my phone time anyway) that I don't think I care.

One thing I did notice- in Google Talk the "away" light- which in stock colors is an orange- is green. While its not the bright green that means someone is there... its close enough that I have to look twice. Its not intolerable, but it odd enough that I have to think about it and double check.

Otherwise, as I said, I'm highly impressed with the attention to detail this theme displays. Thanks.

I don't really use GTalk, so I wouldn't notice....Shoot me a screen shot if you can and let me know which color you think would be better.

Idk what making themes entails, but as far as coding and such, sometimes its best to just sleep on the issue and your brain will have it figured out my morning :)

Meh....I have a long drive right now and Ima think about then. If not...sleep may help :/

You need to use his services.jar and then copy the images into his framework-res...plus make extra battery icons for the 10% increments..then change the Simply Stunning banner color. PITA...I've been procrastinating porting Redline and Purple Passion because of this....lots of people asking..Im hiding tho..jk will be doing wonderful porting for the first half of tomorrow..lol

Something is making the installation abort. I used his services.jar, themed straight to the ROM. I prolly screwed something up along the way. I think Ima start over from the beginning.

roberj13

Reaction score
If the installation is aborting...it usually doesn't have anything to do with the files..it has something wrong with the zip, signing or something in the update script is messed up. But of course....there are different error codes too. Google the error code and it might come up with the answer.

Stormwulf

Reaction score
I made them from other icons. I'll post them up in the OP later tonight when I put up the SS4.4 port. I just finished it and am going to try it out, hit the gym and upload it :D.

Awesome. Really excited to get those icons. Without the green at bottom like your pics my setup looks a bit unbalanced.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I made them from other icons. I'll post them up in the OP later tonight when I put up the SS4.4 port. I just finished it and am going to try it out, hit the gym and upload it :D.

Awesome. Really excited to get those icons. Without the green at bottom like your pics my setup looks a bit unbalanced.

Here ya go bud...if there are other icons you need themed, let me know. I'll hook em up for you.

Stormwulf

Reaction score

Here ya go bud...if there are other icons you need themed, let me know. I'll hook em up for you.

Oh Yes. Thank you much bud.

Heh, while I was waiting I found some DC Comics Icons and with them a Green Lantern one that looks cool. Also some Green Lantern wallpaper that works great with this theme.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Oh Yes. Thank you much bud.

Heh, while I was waiting I found some DC Comics Icons and with them a Green Lantern one that looks cool. Also some Green Lantern wallpaper that works great with this theme.
Nice....glad to hear it.

Stormwulf

Reaction score
Tried putting the .png's you posted on the phone and noticed that each has a white background. Your pics don't have that. I don't have any editing software. Do you happen to have copies of the ones from the pics, without the square white background? Maybe.. /crosses fingers

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried putting the .png's you posted on the phone and noticed that each has a white background. Your pics don't have that. I don't have any editing software. Do you happen to have copies of the ones from the pics, without the square white background? Maybe.. /crosses fingers
Better? Sorry about that :/

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I'm getting close....if all goes well....I'll have it up by tomorrow. :D