Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

albertazzo

Reaction score
Since my computer is rather old (something like year 2000; 32 bit for sure) and is running on an Ubunt 12 / Mint 14 I had no problem with that.

The only issue that I had was that I got stuck into this error:

"/system/bin/sh: /storage/rfs0/pwn: not found"

After several attempts I found out that there was a last problem which was that the phone was looking for "rfs1" (on top of Files windows, when you connect the RAZT to the remote "share" folder you should read rfs0 or rsf1 or something similar) while the "run.sh" on linux was using "rsf0" so I edite the "run.sh" file in the folder /tmp/share (you should find that at line 47):

echo "[+] Rooting phone..."
echo "[+] Your phone may appear to reboot. Please ignore this and continue with the exploit."
$adb shell /storage/rfs0/pwn

-------> I modified that last line (#47) into: $adb shell /storage/rfs1/pwn

then I saved and re-applied the last part of the ROOT procedure and it worked smoothly.

I hope that helps.

RitzCracker

Reaction score
Marty, or anyone who's more familiar with going through his process... I'm having trouble connecting to the VM. Once I run it, the wifi connection works fine, then it tries to connect the USB. At that point it says the phone is not connected and it's starting a daemon. After that it just sits there. My phone is connected, I have USB debugging on, it's set to a media device, but nothing seems to work. At that point in the script, I tried going to the USB devices in the menu (or icon in the status bar of the window) and click on the Motorola XT-whatever and it says:

Failed to attach the USB device Motorola XT875 [0216] to the virtual machine Linux Minimal.
USB device 'Motorola XT875' with UUID {13ad7d6b-d832-49a9-a8af-802a8c3725bf} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.
Result Code:E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
Component:HostUSBDevice
Interface:IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}
Callee:IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

Anyone have any ideas? I do have the Motorola drivers installed, and can't think of what else to do.

Thanks for any help.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Marty, or anyone who's more familiar with going through his process... I'm having trouble connecting to the VM. Once I run it, the wifi connection works fine, then it tries to connect the USB. At that point it says the phone is not connected and it's starting a daemon. After that it just sits there. My phone is connected, I have USB debugging on, it's set to a media device, but nothing seems to work. At that point in the script, I tried going to the USB devices in the menu (or icon in the status bar of the window) and click on the Motorola XT-whatever and it says:

Failed to attach the USB device Motorola XT875 [0216] to the virtual machine Linux Minimal.
USB device 'Motorola XT875' with UUID {13ad7d6b-d832-49a9-a8af-802a8c3725bf} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.
Result Code:E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
Component:HostUSBDevice
Interface:IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}
Callee:IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

Anyone have any ideas? I do have the Motorola drivers installed, and can't think of what else to do.

Thanks for any help.

try plugging into a usb 2 port instead of a 3

mtor9477

Reaction score
Will this work if I'm already rooted? Or, do I need to uproot back to stock first? Thanks all...still a bit if a newb.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Will this work if I'm already rooted? Or, do I need to uproot back to stock first? Thanks all...still a bit if a newb.

this tool is to root your device, if you are already rooted, im not sure what your asking.
there is no need, benefit or gain to be had by rooting over root.

mtor9477

Reaction score
Yes, I'm already rooted with 5.9.902, however, I'm unable to receive system updates from Verizon that were apparently supposed to improve the 3G/4G connectivity switching problems...along with other improvements to allow my Bionic to operate more efficiently. Thanks in advance for any help.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Holy cow! You need to visit the house of bionic your system is like 4 updates behind

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Holy cow! You need to visit the house of bionic your system is like 4 updates behind

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

+1

Yes, I'm already rooted with 5.9.902, however, I'm unable to receive system updates from Verizon that were apparently supposed to improve the 3G/4G connectivity switching problems...along with other improvements to allow my Bionic to operate more efficiently. Thanks in advance for any help.

SamuriHL's House Of Bionic - DroidRzr.com

deduct

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I miss the blur launcher from gingerbread. Almost wish I'd kept my bionic on 5.9.902.