nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Let's make an honest effort to leave out the language.

I understand you are upset with the service but I don't like having to edit everyones posts here.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

Seriously?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
Started getting into settings and closing down everything not being used. Also deleting some apps that are not needed.

Have not had any dropped all afternoon. Could it be that big red has fixed it.

equake

Reaction score
Most Data connection issues on 4G seem to result from either bad Sims, Fringe reception or Bad phone. I had issues with 4G dropping and switching to 3G and finally exchanged for new RAZR. So far no problems since Fri. No dropping to 3G and solid reception. My SIM was swapped on the original 1st RAZR which didn't fix the problem. Before the OTA update the phone will constantly switch between 3G/4G but never had a problem with 3G. AndroidPolice.com has an interesting article about 4G on Vzw that has some merit and explains some of the issues with ALL 4G phones. If your phone has 3G issues definitely have it exchanged if you never had issues with other 3G VZW smartphones.

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
After six hours it dropped and letting it sit for 20min it came back. Had a Droid2 sitting next to the Razr and it worked fine. I think it is the phone.

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
Went all day with no problems - no dropped data - no nothing - RAZR ran the way it should. Now - did they fix the phone or transmission?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
After six hours it dropped and letting it sit for 20min it came back. Had a Droid2 sitting next to the Razr and it worked fine. I think it is the phone.

Almost the same thing. Mine is dropping data like crazy at times, other times it will hold a good connection. I still think its both the phone and the network.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

subsynth

Reaction score
I have a lot of data drops, before and after the update, switching to CDMA / 3G only seems to fix the problem.

I think it has to do with the network more than anything. I've noticed it all over NC (Asheville, Charlotte, and surrounding areas and beyond) and also noticed in the Tampa area on family vacation for the holidays.