Dropping data

lpulle

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone complaining about losing 3g lately so guess the update fixed it for them. I got the 6.11.748.en.us version about a week ago and if anything it has made it worse. I have noticed it drops about every third time i use the internet like coming to
these forums. Should i take it back to verizion? from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Rotech72

Reaction score
No...I was about to post the same problem..same old doodoo...network issues..really getting upset

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
What area are you? I'm in NE Arizona. I can only use this piece of junk for just a small amount of time then try hard reset(sometimes ). Is the GN having these problems? Think it's time to trade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForumsreset

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's make an honest effort to leave out the language.

I understand you are upset with the service but I don't like having to edit everyones posts here.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

nubia

Reaction score
I too am having the same issue... My phone is dropping data much worse than before the "update "...

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
Sorry for the junk! !!!

esant

Reaction score
Same problem here! I rarely had any dropped data prior to this update. Now it's constant! It will take forever to switch back to data after off the wifi too which is getting pretty annoying

ablank

Reaction score
I've dropped data three times since I got this phone. Pre-order btw.

thelastbill

Reaction score
Ive actually had more trouble sending texts since the update. I cant send a MMS with wifi on I can barely send a SMS.

ITguy4

Reaction score
I too am having more instances of dropped data since the update, at my house which is in the heart of a strong 4G area. However I set up location based smart actions also since the update, so hard to tell which it is. Would a smart action turn off my data even if I haven't enabled WiFi when at my house? It seems like it is trying to partially follow the smart action even when I don't intend it to. The Smart Action 'Home" symbol is not active in the tray.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have heard Smart Action has been acting up since the update. Maybe try the phone without SA or delete what you have and start from scratch to see if it helps. Did anyone notice there was a lil update to SA? It suggests stuff to you now. I dont remember that before the update.

Also...when I updated, for some insane reason data was disabled on my phone after wards. I had to enable it again. Not having the data drop issue tho.

Last edited:

crodgers0618

Reaction score
I live in a forest of 4g so says VZW but I only had my razr for 2 days before the update so cant go off that but since the update i can hardly keep 3g in most area's and they say there not sure why no other complaints so far. maybe they will get something from moto after they compile some data from the update. Im about to send thid thing back and pull out my X never had any issues with it.
Plus I like being rooted with roms to flash. lol

bjorn65

Reaction score
update made my razor worst :frown:

Going to Korea with Razr the update made the phone much worse but when you start in Safe mode it still does not work (Safe mode) is with no updates.