Dropping 4g every few mins.

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I seem to be dropping 4G every so often when using the internet or data. The 4G system symbol disappears for a few seconds at a time and anything data related comes to a halt.

Is anyone else seeing this or did I get a lemon?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

georgek

Reaction score
Are you on the border of 3g and 4g? I'm in a solid 4g area and it doesn't drop at all.

TeatherWind

Reaction score
my wife is seeing that two. We are both in the same room with the same phone, and I am not seeing that as much.

OP
Ad0131065

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am in the center of charlotte which is nowhere near the border of the 4g coverage.

I came from a DX and after my TB was activated I could still use the DX data but no calls. I cut my DX off and since then I haven't had an issue. Jfk if its a coincidence or not...

jawa6969

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing when on 4GLTE. The icon constantly appears and disappears and data is spotty. It's like it is "refreshing" the connection to get data going. Then sometimes it drops to 3g and I even saw 1X quite a few times. I thought I got a dud. I did look up the 4g coverage map and it appears I am close to some 4g extended areas and the map states if you are in one of those areas, you will see the phone go into 3g from time to time. I guess I am going to have to go to a solid 4g area to see what I get. Maybe this was the heart of some of the delay.

I hope when this phone jumps from 4g to 3g and lower, it's not completely killing the data connections. If so, streaming music and whatnot while mobile is going to be a nightmare until they get the 4g infrastructure going full boar.

jawa6969

Reaction score
An update. Went and ran some errands in a solid 4g area. Well, I guess my house is situated on the edge of a 4g/3g area, cause at home, the 4g icon is constantly disappearing. When I was mobile, it locked on and worked really really fast. The handoff between 4g and 3g (or lower) is causing data to stop. Good news is, I didn't get a bad device. Now all I need is for the 4g network to get better and stronger.

OP
Ad0131065

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good to hear you got it figured out. I truly believe my issue was that the data still working on my x was causing problems

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

bmw_speeder

Reaction score
Greetings. Am in Jacksonville downtown and have downloaded a couple handy monitoring apps due to this very same driver -- the 4G data flow is constantly being interrupted.

Hasn't been much more than a nuisance so far, but am starting to get to the point where I'll be wanting to broadcast live content over the network to one or more people from my team in a conference (Skype-like) setting.

Anyone have stats on the cycles of signal interruption? I'll see about posting mine if anyone has an interest.

OP
Ad0131065

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welll it came back guess o have shot reception

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

mchenetz

Reaction score
I am in Mooresville, not too far from Charlotte, and i am getting drops when using the mobile hotspot, frequently. It seems when i use the USB tether, I do not have an issue. I am not sure whether the issue is with the network or just the mobile hotspot software.

thmorrill

Reaction score
Wonky mobile hotspot

I am in Mooresville, not too far from Charlotte, and i am getting drops when using the mobile hotspot, frequently. It seems when i use the USB tether, I do not have an issue. I am not sure whether the issue is with the network or just the mobile hotspot software.

I am having the same issue...when it works it is blazing even just with 2 or 3 bars but, it shifts out of 4G and back but data stops. I just thought it may be that I didn't have 3G MH on my plan and it was choking. I am going to try the USB tonight tho and see what gives.

brancat92

Reaction score
Losing 4G signal

Does anyone have a problem with losing their 4G signal on thei Thunderbokt?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

kmcgee62

Reaction score
All the time let me guess your battery is draining real fast

brancat92

Reaction score
My battery life isnt horrible considering 4g, but its not the best either. But this losing 4g is very annoying!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My battery life isnt horrible considering 4g, but its not the best either. But this losing 4g is very annoying!!

Unless you're right in one of the initial cities that got 4G then you're going to have that. The network has just started and coverage laps have to be expected.

That's another reason why I'm not a big fan of the phone. Not that it isn't a good phone, from what I've heard it is. But losing 4G coverage is something you'll have to live with.

You can always call Verizon and try to have them open a ticket, but I'll bet they'll just say sorry, it's new and full coverage is not expected.