Dropping 4g

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I seem to be dropping 4G every so often when using the internet or data. The 4G system symbol disappears for a few seconds at a time and anything data related comes to a halt.

Is anyone else seeing this or did I get a lemon?

A factory reset and battery pull didn't help at all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
Yeah I'm seeing it too - I think it's because I'm on the outskirts of the 4GLTE area and it's just a weak signal. Hopefully Verizon will fill the gap soon. It is very annoying.

jdbaker82

Reaction score
I think this happens when your on the edge of 4G area which there seem to be very many edges if you just look at the coverage maps for Sprint or Verizon I believe their the same and they don't cover a whole lota the US map right now lol. I notice the same exact thing at my house with my Epic 4G Sprint and its really annoying I might switch to the Thunderbolt to see if it can penetrate inside my house because right now I have to step outside with my Sprint to get 4G......

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Its real weird... last night when I picked up my Bolt it was fine picking up the 4G in my room. Then earlier in the afternoon today same exact place, and it kept dropping it???
now at night it seems to be steady at 4G again

Beardface

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this P.O.S. of a device is STILL seeing this problem with me, even after the update that was supposed to fix it.

God, I am so fed up with it. This device has been a disaster since day 1. Should have never been released.

slinky

Reaction score
Dropping 4G all over the place here. Not sure why. Was wondering if it is a VZW issue. The phone never had a problem before.

jseah

Reaction score
Dropping 4G all over the place here. Not sure why. Was wondering if it is a VZW issue. The phone never had a problem before.

I'm thinking it is a VZW issue with how LTE is handing off to EVDO. Ever since the latest update, I would drop 4G (down to 3G and sometimes past that to 1X) more frequently. The worst part is when it drops, it goes to "no data connection" and sometimes it only takes a couple of seconds to reconnect (or switch to 3G/1x) and sometimes it takes a minute or a few minutes. When I am in a 3G only area, the data connection is much more stable.

Where I get 4G, I am in the extreme fringe northwest of the NYC 4G area. In August VZW is supposed to be rolling out 4G to the northwest of where I am, so I also suspect that maybe VZW may be dialing back LTE, so that may be affecting me as well? No need to push the transmission limits if they are going to be expanding?

jseah

Reaction score
FYI, I just noticed today that my phone hasn't connected to 4G at all the entire day.

dmproske

Reaction score
Mine has started doing this as well, and I am in the middle of a strong 4g area.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

zacharyb

Reaction score
I know this reply is a few weeks late but I did some research and found something that tended to solve my problem. First, let me go over exactly what problems I was having.

I took a vacation to Miami the past week and while I was there I never knew if my phone was going to have service. It would drop not only 4G but all data connection. I could still make phone calls at times but everything else was not working. I tried disabling and re-enabling the radio and adjusting the radio to only work off of 3G among other minor tweaks to no avail. Eventually I even tried reflashing the radio and doing a factory reset which worked for a few hours before starting to do the same exact thing.

Needless to say, I was greatly upset to have a $600 Wi-Fi device in my hand so I started messing with things. Finally I found that if you go into your radio settings (for me it was Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Network Settings) and from within that page make sure that Data Roaming is checked as well as "Enable Always-On Mobile Data." Then, do a battery and SIM pull for 3 minutes. Since I did that I had no problems for the remaining 6 days in Miami, it stayed on flawlessly in the city and when we ventured out of the city it seamlessly switched back to 3G.

I hope this helps you guys out, it was a horrible problem to have for me!!!